76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Gonna go camp under the Reno Air Races Course at night, watch the races during the day, and ride the desert in the evening. It sounds like a good time. I'll be out there tommorow morning.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Watch for falling aircraft, they've been having a run of bad luck.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Just got back, it was great. I've never done so much 5th gear riding in my life. I was a little bummed to find that my grandpa's friend wasn't flying this year, he sold his wings and motor to 2 other race teams. But, about the riding. There isn't too much variety out there, it's mostly twisty, sandy high speed trails. The whoops are fun, the rocks are not (pinch flatted and had to drive to town to get some tire patches). We found one single track trail and a few small hill climbs. You have to be very mindful of your fuel tank, all of that 5th gear riding burns through 2 gallons in a hurry. My other first impression of the desert is thorns. It's supprisingly densely vegetated. Many of the plants have thorns up to an inch long. Combine inch long thorns with 50+mph speeds and a lack of bark busters and you've knuckles full of thorns bone deep.

Top Bottom