rogert

Apr 11, 2002
I have installed the goldvalve type2 in my KYB.
But i think the schims i so close to the basevale, giving it no room to flex or bend.

If i compare with the original vale it has very much room to flex.

Anyone with experience of this ?

HONDA65

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2000
I'm not sure exactly what it is you're asking. If you install everything as per the instructions, and use both the original base shims plus the one given in the kit, you should have no problems. If your kit has 2 gold spacers, use them both and not the original base shims.

FYI: the base shims I;m refering to are the thick ones located underneith the smallest shim in the stack, between it and the base bolt.

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
No, what he's saying is he feels the stack height is much lower than stock. It's typical that the RT stacks use less shims overall compared to the stock stack. He thinks it will have a much better chance of hitting the base plate. Use some tooling dye on the baseplate and you'll find out if your getting contact.

rogert

Apr 11, 2002
Thanx Honda65..! that was the problem.

I consulted a friend and we found out that i haved missed one baseschim (0.21) witch i placed on top of the goldspacer.

When i removed the original piston and stack, i thougt that the baseschim was a part of the flexible stack and that the spacer was the baseschim.

Anyhow, thanx for your help.

Jeff Howe

Apr 19, 2000
Now I'm missing something...how does that change your height of shim flex? Wouldn't your distance still be the same if the actual stack height is the same?

rogert

Apr 11, 2002
It was the "clamping shim" that was missing, wich made the schimsstack getting to close to the spacer, and thereby not giving it enough room to flex downwards.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom