TechKid

Apr 30, 2002
Has anyone tried Klotz Super techniplate 2-stroke oil?I just bouhgt a gallon and was wondering how it works.If i change my oil mix ratio from 40:1 to 32:1 would it make t leaner?THANKS

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
you have a gallon... why dont you tell us??

Seriously though, I'm intrested in seeing how it works.

It would make it leaner, but I doubt you can tell any difference whatsoever. FYI I run castor 927 @ 40:1... I think its a good ratio and it works okay for me.

P.S. this would probably be better off in the Maint./Bike Repar/Basic Q&A forum, or the member reviews forum

Last edited:

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
my buddy runs it in his rm 125, has a nice smell to it. It fouls plugs alot,
tell your buddy to change the jetting on his RM and stop blaming the premix oil. Once you have the jetting set correctly you should never foul a plug. I had my last bike for 8 years and only fouled a plug when I first got it before I corrected the stock rich jetting, after that, never again.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
I know the jetting is incorrect, because I just got my cr250, and it also runs rich, but if he runs a diffrent oil,(suzuki cci, what I use in my honda!) He doesnt foul at all. So thats how I concluded that the Klotz oil has a higher flash point. I know it is an awesome racing oil, But PERSONALLY I would stay away from it if you let off the throttle.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom