DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
A few months ago I sent the shock off my KTM SoCal Suspension which is a MX-Tech associate. At the time I wanted it revalved and a heavier spring. We also talked about putting in the new low flow piston. The piston didn't end up being available yet so Steve (the owner) said he would do the revalve and ship the shock back without a shipping charge. Then when the pistons were available I could send it back and he would install the piston and credit me for work already done so my total cost would be the same as if the piston was done the first time. Plus send it back again with no shipping charge. I made arangements with him to have the piston installed last week and told him I needed it back by the end of this week for the first D-37 race on the 13th. There was a problem getting it out with UPS so he called me at home and said if I needed it tomorrow he would have someone drive it up (6 hours round trip) or overnight it and have it here Friday. The bill for the work was less than $100 but he was still willing to have someone drive all day to get it to me. I decided overnight was fine but I still know it wasn't cheap.

That's the kind of service that keeps people coming back. Steve may not have made much if anything on this deal but he is going to see all my suspension work and if anyone asks I will refer them to him for their suspension needs.
The work he does is enough to recommend him. The service is just icing on the cake.

Jeremy- SoCal Suspension is one good associate

Last edited:

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
Update

The shock got to me as promised on Friday. All I can say about the performance of the low flow piston and valving from MX-Tech is --WOW-- It's plush over the small fast bumps and square edges holes yet still handles deep high speed sand whoops at desert speeds. It's hard to describe just how good it is. I felt like the rear wheel was hooked up all the time yet the bike was smooth and easy to ride. I was able to stay on the seat through sections I used to have to stand. I would have to say the suspension is the most "dialed in" of any bike I've ever been on. If you have a KTM and the PDS shock just never feels right try the low flow piston and valving from MX-Tech. It's worth every penny.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom