good suspention mod for 2002 kx

wizard69

May 3, 2001
I have a 2002 kx250 I weigh about 200 lbs I do alot of fast trail riding but mostly big jumps.one of my friends had his suspention setup for freestyle and I rode it it hurt my back on bumps.I want to beable to do realy big jumps but not have rock hard suspention.what should I do I ride pretty agrsivly.I don't want to send my suspention away becaus eI live in canada and sipping would hurt but could I just order vlalves and springs from some wear and the get my shop to put them in?I want to do front and rear.I don't know if you can do that.please help.thanx

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Sentence structure my friend. Two spaces after a period to start the next sentence. Sentences start with capital letters.. Wow I feel old, you were just born when I graduated High School.

I'm not trying to be hard on you, but you will get much better responses if you proof read your post before posting it.

For your question, it looks like you want a plusher ride. I would first set your sag properly and work with your fork oil levels. You might want to get some springs, stiffer if you are bottoming out, softer if what you have is too hard. Fast trails and big jumps are two totally different types of riding. You may have a hard time finding one suspension setup that works well for both even if you do get your components revalved. As for buying valves and doing it yourself, Race Tech sells them.

wizard69

May 3, 2001
what does revalving do?if I were 200 lbs and had springs set for that and was still bottoming out what would the smart thing to do?I am talking in the situation that the clickers are all the way in and it is still botoming?thanx

wizard69

May 3, 2001
ok since I am short on$$ right now I am only going to get new springs would it be a bad idea to get springs for someone that was like 230lbs?I am just under 200.I am wondering because I don't want to bottom out hard but I don't want to be on a pogo bike.are race tech springs good?most local shops could instal them if you order them right?what would the spring be for this like the weight?thanx

FritoBandito

Sep 18, 2001
Wizard- If you want us to answer your questions, please go back to the second post and read what MikeT said. Try to post so it isn't like we are in a chat room. If you want to be treated right in here, you are going to have to spend a little bit more time on your typing. It is hard to follow. I ride the same bike, weigh 200 lbs., and I think the springs are plenty stiff. I was trying to go softer on the setting last year, but you do need to set it up so it is what you like best, so it feels right.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I would suggest trying to gain weight. If he gains up to 350 or 400 lbs, the suspension should feel much softer.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Thinking about the springs-for SX most tuners do fit a spring rate a couple steps higher than for mx so its something you can do.You could also use 7.5wt oil in the forks and raise the level to the max in the manaul-not sure what kind of ride it will produce but it will help with bottoming.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…