Goofin off with Canon EOS Rebel G....

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I picked up a Canon EOS Rebel G on a certain auction site for cheap. I just shot a roll to test it out and I thought this one turned out pretty cool. Ya - I didn't clean the scanner and I could have taken some time to use photoshop on it (aside from auto-leveling). Waddayathink?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Cool. What ISO did you use?

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Okiewan said:
Cool. What ISO did you use?

400 el cheapo film and I set the iso the same on the camera. Nothing fancy at all and no trickery with setting different ISO's +/- to mess with the exposure. The lens is a 35-80mm Canon SLR lens that allowed me to get the close up. I took the shot at the majic hour just as the sun started setting hence the coloration from the lighting.

I think it was 75 bucks well spent. :cool:

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
Good deal, Jeff :cool:
shot some occasional B&W film too !

The camera works, so get some good film.
save some $$ and order from B&H or such

here is some info I well, stole off nikonians.org site about film

Agfacolor Optima Prestige 400 Pro
Rich colors but improved accurate color rendition, sharpness & grain, for enlargements. Very good shadows detail. IMO best for action photos & available light photography in this speed.

but Agfa is going out of business, so get it while you can.

Konica Centuria Super 200
Bright color reproduction even with flash. Razor sharp images with very good grain. General purpose film, for action photos under bright light. IMO, best of the new Centuria Super line (100, 200, 400, 800 & 1600).

(if you can find the konica film)

Fujicolor Superia Reala 100 (CS)
A consumer film, nevertheless ...
Just great, IMO best in this speed.
Outstanding grain, sharpness and color. For outdoors under bright light and/or flash. Good for portraits.
(good for portraits might mean white balance is a bit warm)

AGFACOLOR OPTIMA PRESTIGE 200 PRO Accurate color, normal contrast
Great sharpness and pro image quality

FUJICOLOR SUPERIA 200 (CA) Terrific sharpness & and color
accuracy even under mixed lighting

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I personally shoot Fujifilm 800 for almost everything. I can't always buy a roll of film depending on the sunlight conditions for the day, especially when I'm overseas. 800 can be used to do indoors without a flash, it can be used outdoors on the brightest of days. I like to take action shots, so I like the faster shutter speed. I kind of like the grainy appearance as well.

Top Bottom