fit04

Apr 9, 2007
I heard Gorman had some fires but I would like to know if its open

I checked this website
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=405

its not even updated...that notice was from last year...
I also called the phone numbers and just got machines and the ranger station is only open from 3-4:30pm...The second phone number said its open..but I would still like a confirmation from you guys.

fit04

Apr 9, 2007
ok thanks! My other friend said it's open as well but the Cow trail (dont know where that is) is closed. A few parts of Power Line Trail closed and they've opened up parts of the forest service roads.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
bobbyhill925 said:
those trails that connect to the backside are any of them not rocky?

Jesse.

Nope. Lots o' rocks. :nod:

You live right next door to some of the best single track trails on the planet. Go to the ranger station and get a map of the OHV trails and start exploring. The trails are marked by their level of difficulty. There are some very easy trails with very few rocks,(Snowy isn't one of them.) :yikes:

If you get a chance to meet up with some of the DRN Crew on one of the organized rides up there, do it. They will show you a great time. :nod:

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Not Lockwood Valley, but north of Cuddy Valley Road up in the Forest. You used to be able to ride over to Carrizo Plain

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Kelso.

We used to ride from Gold Camp to Sespi Hot Springs. That was a fun ride. Started with Gold Trail to Lockwood creek to Lockwood Valley. Then, down Johnston Ridge to Sespi.

When you got to Sespi, there were always about 10 to 20 or more four wheel drives parked there with music blasting and many nekkid young ladies enjoying the hot and cold springs. We would bum a couple of cold one's and enjoy the scenery while resting up for the trip back to Gorman. :nod: Those were the good ol' days. :cool:

The 4 WD's came in from Oji.(sp?) There was a fire road that they used but then the Forest Service dug tank traps in it to prevent them from coming in. Part of the trail from past Lockwood Valley became off limits to ohv's due to the Sespi Condor Preserve so you couldn't come in from the Gorman side any more. Don't know if you can still get to Sespi but it sure was a fun ride.

bobbyhill925

Aug 28, 2005
kelsorat said:
Not Lockwood Valley, but north of Cuddy Valley Road up in the Forest. You used to be able to ride over to Carrizo Plain

Well i dont think there exsist anymore. It would be cool tho cuz i live in cuddy valley.. the 4wd camp is funn too

Top Bottom