got it to start but still no kick PLEASE HELP!!!!!

830yz125

Feb 17, 2008
i got my bike to start by popping the clutch last night but i still cant start it when i kick it. i rode it (putting around) but it would bog down so i had to rev it high in first. about five min of riding i looked down and it started to leake out of the bottem i think it was my overfill gas but i have no idea. after that it seemed to be smoking like a steam not really smoke. but there was smoke coming out of my exhaust pipe after i killed it. what could be the proplem please help me. my bike is a 2004 yz125.

MROLP84

Feb 17, 2008
how long has the bike sat. sounds to me like the carb may need to be cleaned. and i would replace to spark plug and fill up with new fuel as well. if it was gas coming from the overflow hose that may be caused by a worn out needle or seat, or the float may be stuck. i just went through this with the bike i just bought. it sat with fuel in it for six months and i did all the above and it starts on the first kick now.

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
yes if you have the right tools, i would say you buy the wesco pitson kit for your bike, and bring your cylinder to a local shop and show them the diameters for the piston to fit and let them clean it up, and do what thy need to do i had my friends dad do it for me for about 15 bucks, i put the piston and rings, gaskets and all that good stuff, on my bike myself and put it back together. drain the old gas put some fresh gas in and kicked it and within 3 kicks it started right up, and you cruise around for a couple of days i would say about a week and then your good to go.

ps. im only 16

ohmthis

Jan 31, 2008
That new of a bike won't have a cast iron liner. It has a special coating on the cylinder that is VERY hard. If you are lucky, you won't have any scratches or similar in the cylinder. First things first, get yourself a manual for your bike. It will show how to do the work on it. Then take it apart and inspect it. If all is good you should only have to get a new top end kit (piston, rings, bearing, wrist pin, and gaskets). You can find these for about $120 online. Good Luck!

Top Bottom