Got to ride with a DRNer this weekend.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
I had planned a really nice weekend to celebrate the new year and get plenty of riding time in. Checked the weather forecast on Tuesday and I am surely living right, the next six days where going to be mild. I did what any one of us would do in the same situation. I went to the boss, and worked my way into taking Thurs.and Friday off.

Thursday moring had us all scrambling to get some left over from Christmas chores done and some Honey-do work out of the way. By the time lunch time came I had the toyhauler loaded and we were on our way. On site, camp set up, bikes unloaded and plenty of daylight. I spend from 3 till dark-thirty tuning the suspension on the new scoot. Life is great a few more friends show up and we do a huge dinner and campfire, life is better.

Friday morning we take the women and children out for some fun times and after 18 or so miles they have had their fill, it is now time for some big boy fun. With a little lunch and refuel the big boy group goes out for one of many of our 30-35 mile runs and get back just in time to sort things out before dark. As I am working on getting things together for the Saturday run the cell phone rings, It is the office's answering service!!!!!!!!!
This is never good, however this time it was a personal call, what a deal. Long story a little shorter, it was Will Pattison, what a deal, we hooked up and Will came out and did a little southeastern single track ride with us. It was great to share some of our "secret stuff" with a fellow DRN'r. Will did say somewhere along the way " I see how this goes, lure the new guy on the mx bike in then go for the throat. " We had a great time, it was fun times riding and/or racing along. Too bad those mx bikes have small tanks. :)

We have to get some more DRN folks over to ride with us, anyone interested can get some first hand scoop from Will P. and then contact me, we have some Okie and Thump approved offroad trails also. :laugh:

Darin

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
D Lafleur said:
we have some Okie and Thump approved offroad trails also. :laugh:

So your saying they are wide enough to drive an RV down and all the roots, rocks and logs have been removed? :laugh:

Sounds like a good time!

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Darrin,

Give me a heads up for the next one... :cool:

See ya' at the next 6 hr. race.

Matt

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
mafols said:
Darrin,

Give me a heads up for the next one... :cool:

See ya' at the next 6 hr. race.

Matt

Matt,
I am planning on trying to get over to Rivers Edge this weekend for some MX practice, if they are open. How did you guys do at the last one?

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
6th...I'm hoping to get a little more out of my partners next race...I'm 20+ years older than them and I ran the most laps :bang:

I would 've fired them but...one is a good friend and the other is my son :laugh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Darin

I just got an email from Matt about coming down your way. We talked about it a while back. I need to rebuild my forks and as Nike says ... Just Do It

That sounds like real fun. I know you and Will could toast my butt, but it would be fun. When to the crawfish start running these days. Will could really see the true cajun in y'all then.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Patman said:
So your saying they are wide enough to drive an RV down and all the roots, rocks and logs have been removed? :laugh:

Sounds like a good time!

There are some trails where the tight spot is three gates which are 36", other than that there are a few roots, but no rocks. Some are quad type trails and then we have the "good stuff" ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maybe we just need to get Okie some of them quad foot guards to keep his piggies from getting attacked by the big bad roots :)

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
mafols said:
6th...I'm hoping to get a little more out of my partners next race...I'm 20+ years older than them and I ran the most laps :bang:

I would 've fired them but...one is a good friend and the other is my son :laugh:

Was that you sampling the rocks near the river sometime later in the race? There was a CRF rock sampling later in the day, I had to take the high line which was real nice. :ohmy:

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
My little CRF met Mr. Rock face to face on a couple of occasions. :laugh:

When to the crawfish start running these days

End of January/Early February.... :nod:

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Darin,

Add me to the list next time you head out. I've been wanting to make a ride with you guys. Need more time in the saddle.

Mark

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Tony ... who loves mudbugs said:
When to the crawfish start running these days

mafols said:
End of January/Early February ...

My trip to Honduras got moved to June from early March and my trip to Galveston got moved from February to April (after spring break) so ... February/March is open.

Now, when is Randy on shore? That is the next question.

I'm thinking we NEED to commune sometime during February in the Pelican State ... :aj:

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
Sounds like a plan. At one time Randy had talked about doing a weekend of "Trails and Tails" . I will try to contact Randy for a schedule. Remember if we do this and you guys have kids, bring them along, we have a decent place for them to ride with minimal supervision.

Top Bottom