Gotta "COLD-STARTING" question...

JKPinPDX

Sep 29, 2003
Ok... Help me on this, I pull on my choke and it does NOTHING to the idle when I kick start my (04 KDX 220r) bike. (no difference on or off to idle) I have to nurse the throttle unitl it warms up...ANNOYING! I have also read that pulling the CHOKE "richens" the mixture.

WE all have read that the bike from the factory runs a little RICH anyways... And I have NOT done the"fling the airbox lid" modification yet...

SO... If removing the airbox lid will LEAN it out a little... will that solve my FIRST PROBLEM why my choke doesnt seem to work?

Help on this choke-issue please...

JKP! :ugg:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
If your choke has no effect, that is an indication that your pilot circuit is rich.

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
JKPinPDX said:
SO... If removing the airbox lid will LEAN it out a little... will that solve my FIRST PROBLEM why my choke doesnt seem to work?

Nope

Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
more air available to the carb wont richen or lean the circuits inside the carb. only jetting and the air screw can do this. it will just slow up the velocity a bit and cause poor atomization and possibly starve for air on the top end.

like said above, you're rich at idle and too rich on the choke. if your air screw is already at 1 1/2 out then step down your pilot a size or two.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…