Government Health Care

Do you thinl the U.S. Government will improve health care in America?

• Yes, the government can improve our healthcare.

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • No, the government will make a mess of our healthcare.

Votes: 65 86.7%
  • Whatever, I'm rich and can afford to pay for my healthcare.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I'm poor and I need some help!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Do you have faith in the U.S. government plan/s for our health care. Will President Obama actually improve the health care situation in America. Keep it clean as you state your opinions!

My thoughts:
Studies/polls show about 80% of americans are happy with their health care! To get 80% of americans to agree on a particular issue is nothing short of miraculous! I'm reasonably confident our government cannot raise this percentage. :ohmy:

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
The government is always quick to fix problems that do not exist.

There is no health care crisis in this country. There are a small percentage of people who do not have health care coverage, the majority of which choose to not have it.

The real problem in this country related to health care is the issue of lawsuits. We need tort reform badly. We will never get it, so long as lawyers write the legislation, but that's what would fix part of the "mess".

Until you have proper tort reform, the doctors will continue to force useless tests on us, in order to appease the insurance companies.

I have a problem with my neck right now. My doctor thinks it may be a bulging disc. He can't just send me for an MRI, there's a process of elimination he has to go thru. First was the xray that he and I both knew would be a waste of time. Xrays are still not cheap, why do it if you don't have to? Then there was the course of Prednisone. I'm sure that's not the cheapest thing on the shelf. It too was a waste of time. I'm
still waiting to hear if the MRI will be next, but I imagine they have other nonsense inline for me next. One day they may figure out exactly what the problem is and be able to fix it. Till then, I have to just suffer with the pain.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
As long as there is no name calling, disrespecting or hating, we can discuss current issues. As soon as these topics turn sour, they will be deleted.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Granted there are a lot of problems with our health care in it's present form. But, you have to answer this question. What has the government ever done that has not turned into a huge waste of money and a mis-managed mess?

The governments past performance should tell you why you don't want them managing your health care.

The Untied States Postal Service was established in 1775. They have had 234 years to get it right. It's broke.

Social Security was established in 1935. They have had 74 years to get it right. It's broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938. They have had 71 years to get it right. It's broke.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970. They have had 39 years to get it right. It's broke.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. They have had 44 years to get it right. It's broke.

The War on Poverty was started in 1964. One Trillion dollars of public money is confiscated every year and transferred to the poor. They have had 45 years to get it right. It hasn't worked.

Trillions of dollars wasted in the massive political pay-off known as the Tarp Bill of 2009. Shows NO signs of working.

The War on Drugs was established in 1970. Another massive government failure. How's that workin'?

And finally, to set a new all time record.....

The Cash for Clunkers Program was established in 2009. Went broke in 2009. Dealers pulling out. Not getting paid by the government. Some Dealers over $2M in the rears. Can't get answers from the government. Pathetic. :| Heard this directly from my local GM Dealer. Also, over 80 percent of the cars sold were foreign cars.

And you want these people to control your health care? :coocoo:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Want to reduce health care costs?

Tort reform.

Allow me to purchase a plan across state lines

Reduce emergency room services for non citizens.

But those things seem to be off the table.

Oh, and I see much of proposed government health care plan will be paid for by eliminating waste in Medicare. How about we just eliminate the Medicare waste FIRST, and then spend the money AFTER we prove that the waste can be eliminated???

And all this pie in the sky talk about how we will pay for the plan by getting people to eat right and exercise...Sounds good, but it's just part of the sales pitch to get us to relinquish more power and money to Washington DC.

Don't get me started on some of the other big lies, like you will be able to keep your health plan (not when my insurer goes out of business).

And fining people who don't participate? Not that it matters anymore, but that is UNCONSTITUIONAL.

IMO, the government has been meddling in healthcare already, encouraging prices to go UP. When the system breaks, they get to come in and rescue us with national health care.

Bottom line, if you think healthcare is too expensive, inefficient and poorly distributed now, JUST WAIT until the government takes over!

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Okiewan said:
Coming to a bail-out near you... count on it.

Newspapers. Now they want to bail-out the newspapers. What a good way to control what is printed. :nod:

Maybe if the newspapers were honest with what they printed they would sell more newspapers.

This is gettin scary.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
The Post Office is needing billions now to.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
IndyMX said:
I have a problem with my neck right now. My doctor thinks it may be a bulging disc. He can't just send me for an MRI, there's a process of elimination he has to go thru. First was the xray that he and I both knew would be a waste of time. Xrays are still not cheap, why do it if you don't have to? Then there was the course of Prednisone. I'm sure that's not the cheapest thing on the shelf. It too was a waste of time. I'm
still waiting to hear if the MRI will be next, but I imagine they have other nonsense inline for me next. One day they may figure out exactly what the problem is and be able to fix it. Till then, I have to just suffer with the pain.
This will likely get worse once politicians get to decide the course of treatment.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
As long as there is no name calling, disrespecting or hating, we can discuss current issues. As soon as these topics turn sour, they will be deleted.
I hate and don't respect those consarn yak-gelders.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I am NOT rich and don't want the gov handling our healthcare.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
XRpredator said:
I hate and don't respect those consarn yak-gelders.
Yak-gelding was an honorable occupation until the government took over the industry. Now it is fraught with corruption and waste!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I want the same health care plan the politicians have. When you write the law and spend the money you can seemingly do as you please, here I went and thought they worked for us? We had Aetna health care for the last 10 years or so. Started out fine, then the out of pocket and patient share started. Now, the price, telling these morons up front, that I have no insurance, is cheaper than with insurance. They have special rates for the insurance companies! Same with prescription drugs. Started out free! The wife was on some crazy expensive meds for arthritis, oh insurance does not cover that? As bad as it has gotten, the government has no business being directly involved in any decision making. Their past record speaks for itself.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Besides the fact that the govt. can't run anything effectively, I feel that if a Govt. Option is passed, most private insurer's will eventually leave the market. If this takes place, try to get coverage for injuries from a dirtbike wreck. I feel the Govt. option will kill most sporting activities where a increased risk will leave you high and dry. I like my health insurance, wish the price was a bit cheaper but I still like it.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
My health insurance has good coverage but the cost to my small business employer is pretty high. I believe that's because my insurance company also pays, indirectly, for those without insurance. So basically I already pay for those without insurance, why do we need to spend more of my tax dollars to provide them better care?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Tort reform and congressional term limits would be the two biggest improvements Washington could implement. Neither will happen however since Congress is comprised of career politicians, many of whom used to be lawyers. All we can do is write letters, vote, and pray that grid lock returns in 2010.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Flat rate the procedure costs. Has anyone ever asked for 3 different opinions, and their projected costs? The price difference between insured and non insured is proof enough of 1 problem. The insurance companies reasoning is exactly what they have planned on, mass hysteria that their existing costs will sky rocket even worse, because of picking up my un-insure-ability.(I made up a new word?) We have no proof it will. What ever happens, it will get worse before it gets better. These big companies are financially running no different than our good old government. The more money passing through, the more money they can skim off. They deserve some of the highest paid suits, they deserve some of the highest valued real estate investments. And when their investments loose, we pay for it. What happened to the profit sharing and retirement plans, lost in the stock market? Anything that happens to them, we pay for it. A win, win situation? Making small businesses provide health care is the easy answer. It WILL put a lot out of business. Not if the government picks up the initial bill, till the business owners adjust their overhead? They have done more stupid things. known example, $50,000 a year gross, family of 4, out of pocket health care would cost around 600 to 1000 dollars a month, depending on coverage and deductible. Get a decent job, with benefits. They do not cover anyone but the employee. So they have to pay extra to get the rest of the family covered. So there goes 100 to 200 dollars a month? Now, if you have to use it, the cheaper insurance has higher deductibles. They both have out of pocket expenses, the cheap or expensive insurance. Can not be done, and live anything resembling normal. And I will not even touch the fact there are companies insuring racers, and its cost. Well there was yesterday! Till they got financially smarter. Who is going to get screwed, every taxpayer in the country. Who will benefit, all the big companies, and the government. Switch that around for a real change! Restructure the big businesses and government overhead. I have seen some real staggering figures on how they can abuse money! What they do with the money does not benefit us. I still stand on, if them jerks would have put all that bail out money in our pockets, it would have gone right back into the economy, a win, win?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Bob, your example is actually a bit conservative. I fit in this example pretty well, with 3 kids, my wife and I on my employers health ins. We have PPO Blue, great coverage. We've used it quite a bit with the 3 kids and all. 20 dollar copay, no deductible. I pay 90 bucks a week, from what I understand my employer pays another 800+/mo. That's another 5 bucks an hour. All the while some unqualified quack doctor is making a half million a year to write prescriptions for things people probly don't need. It's not just the insurance companies fault, they get taken advantage of for sure. The whole healthcare system is whacked out........almost like the gov't, the focus is on the dollar, not the people.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Well, it was 10 years ago+, that I was shopping for health care. A friend was over and said that recently his employer is shopping for cheaper insurance, blue cross is going up 45 percent! Good for me, the wife has a new job with the local public school system, she has never had a union job before. My employer getting insurance, he would fold first.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I hear you, my employer has talked about offering raises to those who go their spouses ins. It's a HUGE expense.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Just when you think that you have heard it all, here is a quote from Rep. Patrick Kennedy, D-R.I. (yes Ted Kennedy's son)

"There is only one guarantee- that if we don't pass something the notion of trying to put Humpty Dumpty together again is a real long shot."

He then went on to say:

"If you understand the legislative process, it's a lot easier to pass something and fix it later."

With thinking like this it is no wonder our country is so jacked up.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
^^^ The "progressive movement"... pass it now, do with it what you want when nobody's looking. The "government spending" goes to those who voted-in the powers that be, and the gift is returned to "those" voters pockets.
They think we're stupid, because PC has silenced any right to object... NOT!

Top Bottom