tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
this is an "unofficial" event that is going to be held during dw02. if you have a handheld gps(global position), bring it. does not have to mount on bike. in fact it is better if not on bike.
the event is basically a treasure hunt along the trails/property at cooperland. you use your gps to find each "location". the object is to find all the "locations" in the fastest possible time. three people to a team(only one gps is needed).

i have some really cool trophy plaques for each member of the 3 fastest teams.

it goes like this..............

1. come by the heartland spode camp and look for my white f150 w/a black camper top to sign in. there will be a notebook. enter your team name and pick up first "location" coordinates.

2. note your start time and hit the trail to look for the first "location". i will have an orange cone where you need to get off the bike and start looking for the "location" with your gps. when you find the "location", there will be the coordinates for the next "location" there will be at least 5 "locations" to find.

3.after finding the indicated last "location", stop your watch.

4.come back to my truck and enter the time needed to complete the course.

i should have the course completed by 1:00 on thursday. you can do the course anytime between then and 4:00 on sat. this way you can do all of the other events that you may want to participate in.

the only gps skill you need to know is how to enter in a coordinate and navigate to it. if you need help, i can probably figure it out.

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Sounds like fun. I don't know how to use my GPS very well but I'll start reading the manual. Heck, I'm going to be on the road for 22 hours on the way to Cooperland so that should be enough time to figure it out..

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
this is a team event. 3 people to a team. only one person in the team needs a gps. i will put some sort of sign up sheet at the main tent for those of you looking to hook up with others to form teams

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I will be glad to be on somebodys team. Idon't have a GPS, but I would love to. Its pretty low on the priority list of things to get in the near future.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by MrMXer327
Thanks Thumbs ! I'll take you up on that offer. I'm not good at much, but when it comes to getting lost.... I'm a natural. :)
No problem. I know what you mean about getting lost, check my sig line.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
The orienteering of the new millenium.
Reminds me of a marine corps ocs night orienteering(sp?) school.
Gotta do it at night!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
sfo.............there is an idea. if i get enough participation this year, i can come up with a night course for the enduro/mxwith flashlight class and their respective trophies. would make it really fun at night.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom