RodC

Apr 11, 2001
I broke down and bought one of these ($19 Hirschmann engineering, chicago PN SC-16 (847)419-9890, I think this was posted here before) anywhoo it seems to work great, I did not install a zerk fitting, I just plan on cleaning it and pivoting it to grease it.

Has anyone identified a source for the seals and the spacers?

I'll let you know how it lasts, I feel better being able to shove it full of waterproof grease.

RodC
'00 300mxc

------------------

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Seals are pretty standard; just give the dimensions (from the parts manual) to your local bearing supply house and they can get them. The spacers are a different story...not sure where to get those.

------------------
John S.
'99 KTM 300EXC
'93 Kawasaki KLX650-C
www.geocities.com/aa21830

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Rod,
I just got my Hirschman Heim joint bearing in the mail today as well! IOt seems to be the greasable type. I'll just be packing it full of grease also.
I got the seals from a local Bearing shop. They are a 25-32-7 double lip seal. (the numbers are the universal dimension, go to any bearing retail supplier and they will match them. Mine cost me $3 each
smile.gif
)

------------------

Steve F.

Mar 2, 2000
I also have the greasable heim joint & have had no problems yet.I did put a grease fitting in & when greasing it the seals started to pop out so watch out for that if you install a fitting.I got a price for the bushings from the local KTM dealer & he said they were $15 each,lukily mine where fine.The seals you can get at most bearing shops just make sure you get the double lip ones.

Steve F.98 300EXC

------------------

RodC

Apr 11, 2001
Thanks guys, I think I can get by with just the seals, thanks for the size info I couldn't find it and I have to order most of my bearings, the local supplier has a great stock but it is usually 3X the price.

I didn't know you could order the spacers separately from KTM, I'd like to see the PN on them.

With this info you could rebuild the Heim joint even cheaper than the $45 bucks from a discount KTM dealer. Seems like the Heim joint kit is always backordered, and I received mine in 2 days from Hirschmann

Well gota go, gota race tomorrow if you guys are near good ole WV come do some HS with us, we usually have 30-40 bikes (10+ KTMs). Last race top 4 places = KTM lots of hills mud and plenty of wet slimy rocks:
http://www.pkoffroadracing.com

RodC
'00 300mxc

------------------

Top Bottom