Great way to clean out the goop

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
:clue: Hey all; I just found out a great way to clean out all the goop and carbon out of your cylinder heads; bike etc. I tried the product "Simple Green". Once I got my cyclinder and exhaust components all apart for a rebuild, I then poored some of this Simple Green into a 5 gallon pail with hot water, let it soak for a little and the goop and carbon comes off pretty easily. The product is safe for all parts aluminum, plastic, rubber etc. It is biodegradable and easy on your hands. (Gee...I should get some royalities from this company) I use it on everything else. Works great! :worship:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Add it to your morning coffee and it'll clean your pipes as well!
SIMPLE GREEN FOR PRESIDENT!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Been using it since I've been riding, good stuff!

ruffman

Apr 10, 2002
Another good product that Im useing is Castrol wheel cleaner. I was using Simply Green but had a problem with it the wheels of my car. It seems it doesnt like the clear coating very much and after years of use, my rims clear coat is chipped. Ive now been useing this Castrol wheel cleaner for my newer vehicles for years with better results. I read a article in one of the dirt bike mags about Stewarts mechanic using this Castrol wheel cleaner on his pipes and how it strips off all the crud so having it I gave it a try. This stuff has some acid in it that removes everything it touches but doesnt harm rubber,metal or coatings. My pipe was getting alittle rust and this stuff removed ever last trace and made it look like new. Now a couple times a year I soak my whole bike down with the stuff and clean all the nooks and cranys with an old tooth brush. Ive had many people wonder what Ive used to keep my 4 year old bike looking so new. I say in part its the Castrol wheel cleaner Im using and the other part is Im not a very good rider so it doesnt get that dirty :)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Turtle Wax Bug and Tar cleaner for President. :worship: (Works great on spoogy two strokes).

Last edited:

JD-250

Sep 6, 2003
Simple Green works pretty good but it doesn't desolve the thick grime built up around the chain rollers near the shifter. I once tried greased lightning and that worked better but then the aluminum started to corode on my bike so I would stay away from that.

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
ruffman - what size tank do you clean the whole bike in.......LOL Good tip, I'll have to try it.

spuddybuford

Jan 31, 2003
greased lightning works well, but you have to rinse it off completely or it will spot the aluminum. I have used it for years with no problems.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…