mortgageman

Apr 9, 2005
Northwest Florida has some pretty good riding! In the glory days of the mid 70's, we could skirt local LE a short few miles from my friends shop in Ft. Walton Beach, to the Eglin AFB reservation. Once there, we could ride endless miles of trails, power lines, you name it! In fact, you could get lost in the wilderness and be forced to live off the land until rescued if you didn't have sense enough to carry a map and be able to navigate.

My first bike: A ragged out 1972 Yamaha DT125 homemade MX conversion. The frame was lowered, the lights removed, added a 21-inch front wheel and disconnected the oil injection. Bought it used from the local Yamaha dealer and shattered the piston the first weekend out. I was 14 years old at the time and learned to turn wrenches real quick.

My first NEW bike: A 1974 Cooper 250! Who remembers these? This was one hoss of a bike! Maiko frame, fiberglass tank and fenders, steel rims and more torque than the clutch could handle. Built in Mexico by Moto Islo, could have become a great bike with some refinement.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Well I am as old as the dirt I ride and I don't remember a Cooper. Of course, I may have killed that brain cell by now! :bang:

Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom