Another Short Ride Story From Woodsy - First Tuesday Ride!!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Well, what started off to be a marvelous day for riding ended up being a marvelous day for riding – I LOVE when that happens.. Everyone reading this knows exactly what I am talking about.. You wake up early because you know some of the greatest people on the planet are going to spend their whole day riding across Michigan with you.. Your wife, oh yea – she alone can make the day a really good day or a really BAD day, gets up and with a smile on her face says “have a GREAT day with all your riding buddies”. Of course, when that happens in the Woodsy home this usually means that I am being set up for something – of course, having been married to “C” for 25 years has taught me not to ask questions but to seize the opportunity to go and get dirty. This time being no different then other such occasions I found out what I had been set up for when I returned home that night – more on that later..
As I was saying, goodness sakes it was gorgeous out Tuesday morning as I walked to the garage to get a bike out.. I try to be fair to all my steeds when deciding who gets to be the lucky one and haul me around all day. This time I looked at Blipy sitting over in the corner of the garage hiding behind a 72 Chopped Honda I have been building and thought to my self, self (that’s me – Woodsy) – that cute little TTR225 hasn’t been out for a few days so I probably should at least charge the battery – I find this usually takes a good 6 hour ride to fully get both the bikes battery charged as well as mine soooo – Blipy it was!! Besides, Kadie had had her turn on Sunday so fair is fair!!
I tossed on my new pair of size 34 riding pants (that’s right guys – eat your hearts out :nener: and slid in to my boots.. Did a little jig on the concrete in the garage being just happy to be able to since last year this didn’t happen very much.. Besides, I am a naturally jovial type a guy anyway – especially when it came to biken.. My new blue jersey looked great until I put on my Monday Riders club jacket.. That red over all that blue just didn’t get it – oh well, it’s the club membership that counts right?
Pushed the starter on Blipy and she fired right up with a ROAR – NOT, TTR’s don’t ROAR – they “blumpity blump”. Man what a quiet bike..
I named Blipy Blipy because I was always told they are PIGS!! I was also always told that the new Honda XR650’s were called BRP’s (Big Red Pigs) and so I named my little TTR225 Blue LIttle PiggY – or Blipy.. Well, Blipy has earned a lot of my respect thru this past winter.. She is still a BLIPY but Blip proved to me over and over again that there weren’t no snowmobiles running that sled trail out back that could even come close to sticking with us once we got rolling. I went thru 11 sets of screws with her and NEVER had to kick start her (of course she hasn’t even got a kicker ) – just push the button and that little fourstroker would purrrr – nice for an invalid like myself. Yea, Blipy is all right in my book!
Blip and I took off out of the drive way, hooked a quick right thru my private trail and out to the power lines.. Crossed over to the gravel, pushed down the choke button and headed for ol Twisty.. Got up near Sweeter road and started to make that left turn on Sweeter but instead stayed on Maple Island as Blip seemed to be really enjoying the early sunlight on the pavement ahead.
The smell of the morning farm air and the steady thump of the little thumper forced my mind back to an earlier part of my life.. I thought about all the miles I had covered as a young man on a similar bike.. Back in my early days I covered most of the lower 48 on a Honda 350 Motosport.. I even had my little sister (can you say NAIEVE??) trained to say (Honda 350 Motosport) anytime I asked her what the best Motorcycle ever made was.. Having her do so proved very handy in settling arguments with my brain-dead buddies who rode those stupid early model two-strokes back in the early days.. A quick – I know, we will let my baby sister decide this debate – Hey Val – what is the bike ever made – “Honda 350 Motosport” would be the answer – then I would say – see you idiot, even a kid knows!! Always worked!!
When I woke up from my daydream I was approaching the entrance into Cedar. I pulled into the entrance 2-track, got to the top of the little hill and there was Larry putzying along a ways in front of me.. I opened up the little thumper and quietly snuck up on Larry. He was tucked down in his seat so I knew he couldn’t see me.. I held Blip pinned and ripped around Larry’s car on the drivers side – Larry had his window down enjoying the morning sunshine and probably daydreaming about how annoyed he had been when one of his old friends would solve an argument they were having by having his little sister respond with some canned verbal response. As I ripped passed his window and screamed, he jumped as high as his as the hard top on his car would allow him to and then yelled some barrage of language at me that I choose not to use. Good thing we are friends or I would have thought he was mad at me..
Waiting in the lot were, as I said, some of the greatest people on the planet – I thought.. As I approached I became aware that this had also been a pipe dream. Instead of the greatest I ended up with the usual shady critters that I normally do.. Dog Gone it Big easy, I thought you just might be there!! Like I said, I end up seeing TROUBLE MAKER Young Ted, SMART MOUTH LT, and SARCASTIC Bob all standing there waiting for their turn to pick on me!! Then, after I came to a stop, Larry comes in and try’s to run over me with his car – obviously still not impressed with my little surprise out on the road..
I whispered to Blipy that if she wanted to go home this would be a good time to break down.. She didn’t so I took this as an indicator that she could tolerate these guys for a day.. I was still skeptical as far as personally goes but I always say that if my bike says its ok it usually is – bikes are a good judge of character!
After duking it out with Young Ted and almost getting knocked out by that rascal (still an amazing right hook he has there), we made all the usual small talk – my wife is mad about this, I forgot water, I sure hope you are right about the snow being gone – all that kind of stuff and we headed atta way – cross country (opps, I mean D/Sing)..
BUT, before we did Bobs XR400 decided it wanted to have some fits and not start. Having been around a few of these more stubborn types of bikes I wasn’t surprised. We all took our hats back off and started the routine of ripping Bobs bike apart. Before I could get the piston out of it Larry checked for spark and discovered there wasn’t any.. I suggested it was probably the valve train causing it to have no spark and suggested we at least rip the head off and see what the cam journals looked like. The terror on Bobs face told me that he wasn’t in any mood for starting big and working back to small things but preferred Larry’s idea of bypassing the kill switch first.. Bummer too because I was in the mood to rebuild a Honda.
After we got Bobs bike started (I still cant remember if I retightened those motor mounts –hmmm) we headed out.. Riding the slowest bike I took up the rear so as not to slow anyone down our get run over.
We did the South loop entrance out of the parking lot and then headed towards the North loop off from it. Crossed Ryerson, rode to the sled trail section of the trail and then took it North. Made a short trip up past M-120 and continued up across Skeels road and road two tracks up thru the Pine Point area. I really enjoy this ride because once you get off the pounded out single track and start D/Sing the whoops are history.. Ahhhhhh, nothing like a legal bike.
Speaking about that, Blipy has a plate on her. I found out that she had come with a title that had no ORV designation on it so I spent some time at the local rip off office – opps, I meant to say, Sec of State office on Monday and got her plate (along with another bike and two cars it only cost me 250 bucks, not as bad as I thought it would be as I didn’t use the extra shirt I brought along in case they liked the one I was wearing). She looks pretty cool with her little homemade tail light (made from the taillight off a 87 Ford Van), BRAND NEW BLUE PLATE and an 05 ORV sticker right behind the plate (man that orange sure clashes with blue!!). Back to the story..
I got a little tired of eating Bobs dust so I blew past him on the single track (twernt no out running that XR400 on the road) and went forward to taste a little of Teds dust.. Yep, tasted the same! I rode a long ways following the Master Of The Trail, examined his every move trying to pick up pointers on how to survive in this sport into ones late 70’s.. I noticed some interesting things that he does that might be worth pointing out – those of you who have no interest of riding into your 70’s can just skip this portion of the story and go on to the next paragraph).. Ted has a way of “using the force” while he is riding. Don’t laugh here because I am not being funny. I am a Star Wars buff and I think Ted is related to Obi wan or something. I started to pass him once and I swear he was sleeping!! Of course we all know this isn’t possible so he had to be using the force cause NO ONE can navigate tight single track with their eyes closed at speed and live into their 70’s!! I told Larry about it later and he said “yea, the man has nine lives” I said “you know – maybe that’s it – maybe he has invisible cat whiskers or something….). Now, we all know that Star Wars is not true (you did know that didn’t you? Or are you one of those people that believed my little sister??). I, Woodsy, have come to a conclusive scientific theory about Ted after watching him ride MANY miles!! He has all the trails in the country MEMORIZED!! Think about it!! This is the only explanation possible.. He rides these trails like he is on rails!! Him and that dog gone INCA are like attached or something. Ted can go to sleep and INCA takes care of him!
Speaking about INCA. I noticed this funny looking device (pic included later) mounted on the front of INCA. At first glance it appeared to be something professionally made – like something used in an Enduro Race or something.. As the day wore on I got more and more curious about this obvious time keeping device. On the way home we stopped at a gas station and I almost asked Ted what the device was but thought better about doing so as the last time I asked Ted a question like that he put me in a wrestling hold and stabbed me in the back with a stick.. I later found out that Ted had mounted a GLS on the front of his bike.. I know, you think that is a typo and I meant to put GPS down but NO – Ted spent the BIG BUCKS and invested into a BRAND NEW DIRECTIONAL DEVICE called the GLS!! More on this later.
We worked our way up to Bitely thru my favorite section of the MCCCT. This is the area where my Deer hunting story that I promised to tell 2big4AKDX this year when we do our “Get Lost For 3 Days Ride With Woodsy” took place. Going around Nichols Lake on the two tracks I had to jump a big hole. This is important info so please remember it..
Before we flew thru my favorite section on the MCCCT I passed Ted so Blipy and I could duke it out with LT and Larry in the tight stuff. Amazingly that little TTR ran real good against Larry’s CR250 and Randy’s WR426 in the tight stuff! Of course, there are no whoops in the area and a good thing because that is one thing the Blipy simply doesn’t do well – wayyyyyy to soft (although we did double a few just for kicks!!). We broke thru the single track, jumped across 11 mile and headed around Nichols Lake. I stopped in the trail and told Larry about jumping the hole and we headed toward Bitely for lunch.
About halfway to town Larry’s CR decided that 90 miles on a tank of gas wasn’t reasonable so it died. Randy is a typical born leader – he never looks back so he and Ted just disappeared into the future while I debated with myself whether getting Larry into town was more important then having lunch – well, what the heck, I am on a diet anyway so I turned around..
Larry and Bob were discussing how to hook a bungee cord to tow Larry’s bike when I suggested me pushing against Larry’s foot peg with my foot and getting him into town that way.. I waved at the cop that went by as I was doing so and he waved back – hmmmmm, must have some pretty understanding cops up there?? As we were going along we discovered that we could converse really well being so close together. Our conversation went like this..
Larry: This doesn’t mean were are going together or anything right?
Woodsy: I thought we were engaged?
Larry: Tell you what, if something happens I will go right.
Woodsy: Sounds like a good idea. I will go left (I was pushing on his left peg).
Larry: Ouch
Woodsy: GO RIGHT – GO RIGHT.
Larry: HOKY SMOKES!!
Woodsy: OH NO!!!
Larry: Lets not do that again!!
Woodsy: I got a better idea – be right back (walks off into forest)..
After I came out to the woods with a long stick I got to watch as Larry was trying to hang onto Bobs Fender bag while Bob tried to pull him. This was about the same time when the thought ran through my mind that – oh yea, its amazing what you can see and experience if you just pass up on a lunch once in a while..
Bobs bag was making cool little ripping noises as they passed me standing on the side of the road with a stick in my hand. I told Larry that it would probably only stay on for about another 50 feet and that town was at least 5 miles away so I failed to see the real value of their solution to the crises.. This was one of those times that Larry looked at me and said “you know Scott, nobody likes a Smart Alec” (using a more colorful word then “alec”.
I told Larry that I bet I could pull him with the stick. It took a little convincing to get Bob to hand push Larry on his CR so I could drive past and Larry could grab ahold of the stick while he and I were in motion.. It worked great and we made it into town just fine. The only damage to any of us was that I noticed that when I went to put the Burger into my mouth at lunch that my arm was longer by about 9 inches from pulling Larry and the burger went passed my face hitting the wall behind me.. Once I figured out how to feed myself with a longer reach I was fine.
At this point in the story it is pertinent that you remember the “me hitting the hole incident – if you have forgotten this please start over and reread thru the text until you read about this!! We enter the Bailey bar/Grill. Randy is almost finished eating and never did ask where we went or what happened (like I said – typical leader!!). Larry sat down across from Randy at the far end of the table. I bent over at the other end of the table and moaned loudly like I was in pain. I told Larry that I had blinked my back on that hole that I had hit and I was in pain.. I could see the look of distain on Ted’s face because – despite his constant picking on me he REALLY does care about my health (a true weakness – I always look for weaknesses to exploit – it’s a flaw in my character!!). Larry looked at Ted and said yea, he hit a big hole and really messed himself up (Larry had NO idea where this was all going and played perfectly into the web I weaving).. As I moaned and sat down I looked at Ted with despair in my eyes and said “shoot – I left the gas on out on my bike – would you mind shutting it off for me Ted??
As soon as Ted walked out the door I smiled and told the guys to follow me up by the door cause it was Ted’s birthday and we should sing Happy birthday to him.. Randy slowly took a bite of his sandwich and said “I thought you hurt your back” (PROVING that not all leaders have gray matter between their ears).. I had to TOTALLY convince Randy by jumping up and down that I was just kidding about my injury and only wanted to get Ted out so we could surprise him!! Of course Randy, being the skeptic that he is, was still not convinced that I wasn’t just trying to steal his sandwich so he had to finish it first (man he is sensitive – he has NEVER forgotten that time up by the Mackinaw Bridge that I tricked him into thinking his car was on fire and I ate his dinner – I even told him I was sorry!!).
By the time Ted came back inside I had everyone in the bar/restaurant ready to sing. As soon as Young Ted walked in we blasted his eardrums with the best “Happy Birthday Song” that you have ever heard!! First he was shocked – then he smiled with joy and then he glared at me as I pointed my finger at him and said – GOT CHA YA TROUBLE MAKER!!!
After laughing off the prank I pulled on Ted and finishing another fine meal together we decided to get back at it.. Ted and I danced a jig as we were the last one out of the place – prophecy being fulfilled once again!! We hit the trail with full tummies, smiling faces and ready to enjoy some more of the great Michigan woods!!

My short story is being continued on the next page because is just a little to long for this section - thats a first for ol Woodsy!!

The first pic here is of the updated “Woodsy Delight” banner on Ted’s van.. I noticed the addition right away and just had to have my picture taken pointing at the little squirrel in the corner!!

The second pic is of me choking Ted in a final attempt to get him to let me cook the squirrel he had pinned up there.. No avail!

Attachments

• WithWoodsy.jpg
    WithWoodsy.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 145
  • WithTed.jpg
    WithTed.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 160

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
We headed north and soon discovered that ice was appearing more frequently. I stopped LT and told him that I thought for the protection of the troops we should turn about.. He agreed so I gave the about face and the troops circled.
We arrived at Naughty Pine Grocery and Larry proceeded to fill up his CR. I walked around INCA and looked closely at the GLS on the front of Ted’s bike (not knowing for sure that it was a GLS because I had not seen one of these new inventions yet).. Larry came back from paying for his gas and offered us all a glass of pop and a cracker. Of course, I followed Larry to sit against the building to help him eat as many of his crackers as I could steal.. Young Ted stood over by the bikes and chatted with Bob.. After finishing up Larry’s crackers we put our helmets on and got ready to leave.. I reached for my gloves and, hey – my gloves are gone.. Everyone but Ted took off.. Ted stood there and watched me look for my gloves.. He said: what’s wrong.. I said: can’t find my gloves. He said: what did you do with them? I said: I think I laid them on me bars and they are gone.. He said: what I color are they? It then dawned on me that because I was in the company of a known rotten sucker that I may be in the process of being duped.. Having handled many rotten suckers in my days I did what any wise person would do – I looked that scary rotten sucker right in the eyes and said “did you take my gloves”.. I was shocked – he couldn’t lie and said yea – walked over and took them off the top of the building behind us.. More proof that Young Ted is more or less – probably less – a pretty good guy in that he couldn’t lie to me (you blew a perfect opportunity that time Timer!!)
The ride home was pretty much uneventful – yea right, like that is possible riding with these rascals!! While ripping along on a gravel road Ted looks over at me and points down to that GLS on his front fender.. He shouts, you didn’t ask about this.. I yelled back, of course not!! He said: it kinda works like a compass!! At that time I realized what he was trying to tell me. The front of the GLS has “L” “S” and “R” written on it – Randy is making a right turn and the GLS happens to be pointing to the “R” and Ted yells – see, it is working perfectly.. It suddenly dawns on me that the letters on the front of the bike stand for “left” “straight” and “right”.. About this time I am laughing so hard I am having a hard time keeping Blipy upright.. ONCE AGAIN I HAVE BEEN DUPED!! While riding along next to Ted on that gravel road I reached over and spin the needle on the GLS hard enough that I thought he might take off like he was wearing a beanie copter!! When I did so I yelled - take that you rotten sucker!!
Later I stopped Ted in the trail and told him that I had NO idea that the thing on his front fender was a GPS.. He said :Its not! I said - well what is it then.. That rascal looked at me in total seriousness and said “it’s a GLS.. I said a GLS?? He said yea – a GLS!! HE could tell I was getting confused so he went on to explain that he had invented a “Get Lost System” and it works perfectly!! :rotfl:
After we caught up to the other guys - Ted, Bob and I attempted to put the GLS thru its paces.. We got separated from LT and Larry and, after circling around behind Ted and Bob I followed them for a long ways – yep, the GLS was spot on!!
After a while we hooked back up with LT and headed back to the vehicles. Larry’s bike decided that it needed more gas then it had in it again so Bob gave Larry a ride back to the trucks on his XR400.. I noticed that these two grown men looked a little cramped on the seat of that XR and asked how the ride was.. Bob said that Larry did sit a little close to him and that if Larry goes back and his bike starts with not problem he wasn’t going to ride with us anymore – not exactly sure what he meant by that but it didn’t sound good to me!
They all changed into their clothes – I didn’t have to because I had ridden my bike in.. Larry said he was going to get his bike.. I said – not alone your not, I’m going too! Larry said there was no need. I said – what if you get stuck? He said good point.. I said how about we meet at the BP gas station in Twin Lake and if your not there in a short time we will come looking for you (sounds like another opportunity for a Woodsy adventure don’t it?). Larry said – sounds good!! Then he said – hey, there’s no BP gas station in Twin Lake.. He said do you mean the Gas and Go.. I said – yea that’s the one – it has a green sign just like a BP don’t it? Ted said – sounds a lot like that Wesco station stunt you pulled in Baldwin!! Man these guys are sensitive!! Just because I left Ted sitting at a Wesco station in Baldwin while we were at a station that I thought was a Wesco Station and he was less then a block away from us all that time doesn’t mean he has the right to get nasty about it!!!
Anyway, we all agreed to meet at the Gas and Go in Twin Lake..
After I hid Blipy in the woods at Cedar Creek I climbed into Ted’s van and away Ted and I went.. When we pulled into the BP there was Larry talking to Randy and somebody I didn’t know.. Well, I least I didn’t know that I knew him.. I later found out that he was a an uncle to some fellers that I almost ended up racing for back in the 60’s. Small world!! While we were talking to him a biker came in on a 1945 Harley and, of course, I headed atta way.. Got talking to “FlatHead Fred” about his bike (interesting character for sure) and finally headed home around 10:45. (Randy/LT/and Bob had long since left Ted and I to our folly.)
Ted and I went back to Cedar to find Blipy and, and, and I could not find my bike!! I stumbled all over in the darkness looking for her and she was GONE!!! A very familiar feeling started coming over me – one that I hadn’t experienced in over a year – then it disappeared as Ted yelled my name – phew, I thought I was lost in the dark at Cedar and didn’t have my Emergency Kit!! I was starting to taste worms again (worms are the only thing you can find in the dark to eat without a flashlight – you can find other stuff but unless its cold, long and wriggling I wouldn’t eat it – there are lots of dangerous things that you can put in your mouth off the forest floor – worms only taste bad but they wont hurt you!!
Ted yelled and asked if I wanted a flashlight.. Why didn’t I think of that!! I used his light and walked back out – looked for about 10 minutes and Ted yelled again – want some help he said.. I said that’s ok I will find her and I went back to calling “BLIPPYYYYYY” in the darkness.. A couple seconds later I heard Ted yell something and I said WHAT?? He said “I think you might be in the wrong place.. I said why// He said ‘ because I can see Blipys headlight over here.. I looked and he couldn’t have been more then 150 yards from me so I was in the right area - again proving my innate God given Woods knowledge that has saved me so many times – I asked Ted not to repeat this incident so I thought I better include it in the story!!
Being that it was my fault that Ted was so late getting started back towards Chicago (well, that’s what I told Connie anyway – we friends gotta stick together you know) I invited him to come home with me for a bite to eat.. He said it sounded like fun and away we went..
Got home and was greeted by “C”. I asked how her day went and she and Becky smiled at each other and said “fine”. Like I was telling you at the beginning of this book: I usually find out why she is so happy when I am leaving after I get home. I said; so how much money did you two spend while shopping today? Becky said; wait till you see all me new clothes dad!! It is always nice to know that my little girl is growing up to be a normal women!
Cheryl then asked “how’d the ride go” and I said just another normal day on the trail with my buddies.. Ted shook his head in agreement and that was that..

The first pic here is of Young Ted’s new invention – a one of a kind fully operational GLS!! If, perchance, this new item catches on in the ranks of the MTR group a local company (Woodsy Inc.) will begin producing them in China and selling them at a reduced rate as I have found out that spies have already received pictures of this item in their e-mail – TREACHOROUS bunch those Woodsy Inc fellows are!!

The second and final pic (my camera lost all its mem again – THANKS Ted for letting me use your new camera!!) is of a good friend and his bike with his new invention.. Isn’t it always nice to see people finally come full circle and realize what they really are? It always amazes me though how quickly they resort to advertising who and what they really are once they do come full circle!!

Attachments

• GLS.jpg
    GLS.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Rotten.jpg
    Rotten.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 120

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Whew took an hour just to read:) Do ya every let anybody get a word in edgeways. HAHAHA.

Sounds like you had a great time. Lets me know what I am missing and what to watch out for in the future.

Brian

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Woodsy....You and Larry are related somehow arn't you....You two are of the same mine I swear.

Sounds like you had a great day.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Oh What A Day

For the On Any Monday Trailriders, the definition of cross country ride should include the following.
1. A riot.
2. The number of riders - ring circus.
3. If you are down, you will be rejuvenated.
4. If you are full of p & v at the start, it will be gone by the time the ride is over.
5. More laughs than a gunny sack of monkeys.
6. Keep a sharp eye for DDS.
Lt. Larry does lead most of the time, but more than once I saw Woodsy along side talking and pointing. He was making suggestions on where to go next. They ended up duds more than once and it was retrace back. No wonder Larry ran out of gas. Since this goes on all the time, I just consider it normal now, which it really is. Not the running out of gas. When Bob, Larry and Woodsy didn't show up at the gas station right away, Randy and I didn't know what has happened. I did go back looking for them and here they were with the improvised tow 'rope' moving at a good clip. The incident at the bar was a classic DDS. The acting and dialog was very convincing, for it was at the same table where last Labor Day I had a tough time sitting down with the broken bones. Woodsy being my special brother, it was an honor to be able to do him a favor. I fell for his ruse, hook, line and sinker. It was a total surprise, the kind that makes these rides so much joy.
When riding on road sections with Woodsy, it's almost common for him to pull out his camera and take a picture of you behind or beside him. I stuck my tongue out at him once. I'm sure that would have been posted had he not lost all the pictures. What was new this ride though was when he did this while on a single track. I'm behind him and first thing I know he's turning around and aiming the camera at me. More of a 'Dippy on Blippy' situation. Soon he takes off and I can't keep up, so enjoy my own safe pace as last in line. The peace and quiet is next broken by an authoritative voice behind me - " pull over Ted". Since my name is on the back of my helmet, the first thought is - must be the law. The law of Dirty Devil Scott. He had pulled another of his usual capers by circling around behind.
Later on I found out that Bob had a GPS running all the time we were out. That showed we had made three circles as a group, as mentioned earlier in Woodsy's suggested turns. My guess is he made a few more circles on his own. Like when we make a turn and he keeps on flying down the two track. The standard comment is - he'll be back. Talk about rotten luck - he does too.
Woodsy, not to take away from your epistle, but you didn't mention the fantastic 155 miles we covered. It took a total time of over 8 hours, but only 6.4 engine running time. On finding Blippy in the dark, you've taken the wind out of my sail. I agreed not to mention it and was going to hold that as a ransom for you picking on me. Lose one now and then.
After being stuffed with chicken and rice, I headed for home. Yes, I was tired, but at peace and contented to have been able to spend such a day. May there be many more and may others also get to enjoy such good times. If you can put up with these antics, I'm sure you are more than welcome to join in.

Young Ted

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Thanks Ted for filling inn the blanks!! I know I missed alot of detail about our ride but I ran out of memory on my computer..
A couple of quick notes:
1. I had to laugh when Bob pulled out that little pocket GPS. Not only did it show that we were contantly running circles it also proved that Bob basically doesnt trust me to get us home!!
2. I finally found out what this DDS stands for.. Whew - I thought I was going to have to start drilling teeth for a living and that wouldnt be near as much fun as what I do now!!!!
3. I PURPOSELY included the part about losing Blipy because, well, because I am learning not to load the guns for the adversary!!!! Instead, DISARM them!! :nener:
4. TO ANYONE INTERESTED - Oh yea, all are invited!! As an encouragement to come and ride with the "On Any Monday Riders", 3 rides us and you get a REALLY cool "On Any Monday - Trail Riders" patch!!
Yours if you survive the :ride: !!! If you dont we will forward it to your next of kin! :aj:

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
Woodsy, my goal is to have a patch by mid-summer. If taking a vacation night or two is what it takes, then so be it !!!
Still looking forward to it. And if you want to help me with a tad bit of wrenching in the next week or so, let me know. I could use a seasoned hand. Seems the BRP is only uncorked on the exhaust side, so I am ordering a few more goodies for the intake side. Which also means free hot laps for before and after said modifications. :laugh:

Top Bottom