Grind Kickstart

Simulcaster

Nov 8, 2005
Yesterday I was riding some trails and stalled it in a wet turn. When I kicked it back up the kick lever caught some branches an grinded for about 8-10 seconds. I shut it down and moved out into the open and started it back up. it doesn't sounds like anything is wrong but should I pull it apart and check for shavings or anything. Can anything from the kickstart assembly move into the main gear compartment? Thanks for the help. As a kid my bikes were always maintained by my Dad and dealer mechanics. I am trying to take a more forward approach at learning to fix my own gear. this forum has provided alot of great help.

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
I would not be concerned. maybe change your oil - that's about it. we have a guy that we ride with that has a lazy leg - meaning he never lets off the damn kick starter for like 4 or 5 secs.....

mischi_punk

Aug 2, 2004
I wouldn't worry... I think its sorta like a lawn mower pullstart. If you pull it after its running it will make a funny sound.

Simulcaster

Nov 8, 2005
Thanks guys. I have two rides including this past weekend on the new oil. I will let it go 2 more rides( I usually change every 4-6 rides) and see what it looks like.

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
FAHGETABOUDIT

Crazy

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…