showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
Does anybody buy grip glue (rubber cement) from a store like Lowes or Home Depot? If so, any particular brand of glue? The Honda brand I normally purchase is a bit on the expensive side and I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

skiboyracing

Jan 22, 2006
personally I don't use it. I wipe the bars down with starting fluid to get completely clean of dirt and grease, then spray some starting fluid inside the grips and slip them on. The either will evaporate leaving a grip that won't go anywhere. My Renthal bars are neralled but using this method I will have to cut these grips off in order to remove them.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
clear spray paint.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
"Gorilla snot"...............Scotch 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive, can be had at an auto parts store. It's messy, coat inside of grip and bar, do your work quick, let sit overnight.

Halfast816

Mar 21, 2005
Contact cement. Apply to both the bar and grip, set the bar end glue on fire let burn for ten seconds blow out and ram the grip on. Wire and in fifteen minutes you are good to go. Used this method for getting my jet ski grips to stay on when they would get wrecked at the races. Quickest way I know to get them on solid.....besides super glue but caution must be used when attempting this or you'll end up glued to the bike....like this one guy I know......no not me I don't have finger prints because I was with the CIA....yeah thats it

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Hair spray and safety wire

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Standard contact cement on both and slide on. Let sit overnight, then safety wire.

Make sure to clean up excess or someone will think Elk (a454elk) was around with his runny nose.

Top Bottom