GUTS tall seat foam, One Industries seat cover

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I went ahead and ordered the GUTS tall seat foam (the TM seat foam is the same as a 94 - 98 KX, as is the cover) and a black One Industries Technogrip seat cover for the bike. I don't have a staple gun, and my buddy has done seat covers but doesn't want to tackle a tall seat foam, so I took it to the local upholstery guy. He did a good job with the installation, except that he didn't tighten the cover on the sides near the front enough. I found this out after one ride, and it looked quite saggy in the front.

I'm impressed, the seat foam is the perfect firmness in my opinion. Not brick hard like the KTM, but firmer than stock. Fit was good but not perfect, the edges come down a little low in places.

The seat cover is a very nice piece, clean looking. The One logo on the rear of the seat did not line up perfectly in the middle once installed. I took a look to see if the cover was staped on unevenly but it's on perfectly straight.. They didn't place the logo in the very center. Not a big deal, it's hard to notice. The cover had a lot of material, apparently it was easy to put on, it didn't take much stretching. Definitely more material than the Acerbis gripper cover had, that I bought for my 00 KX. That thing barely fit over the tall foam. It does a great job of pulling my pants down.. Who wants to ride behind me? :confused:
The seat cover is nice and thick, I think it will last a long time.

GUTS foam: 8.5/10
One gripper cover: 8/10

chasejj

Nov 29, 2001
I concur with the GUTS foam description. For a gravity challenged individual the firm foam is most excellent. :moon:

One important consideration is to have the upholstery shop REALLY glue down the foam. I was not happy with the install of my plain black GUTS cover and gripper material or not, I still slide a round more than I would like on it. So I am having a local upholstery shop sew my original TM graphic sidepanels on a new cover they are making and lining everything up with the RAD graphics like stock. Only $65!! Not bad. You pay $50+ for the GUTS cover and some shops charge $50 to install it. :aj:

chasejj

Nov 29, 2001
I only sit down so much since I'm normally following you in order to supply you with the sparkplugs you need to keep that 2 smoke running. :p

Top Bottom