WM3racer

Nov 18, 2003
okay i'm looking for a bike and i am as clueless as the most clueless cluer in the world. if any of that makes sense, i don't know.

I am 5 foot 6, 135 pounds. Riding for 6 years now. With a one year break heading up to this current time.
Ridden: TTR90, TTR125, GT80, Motorscooter (what i ride around on now in parking lots and whatnot and small dirt tracks), CR80expert, CR125 with mods.

I am looking for a 4 stroke preferably. Not really concerned with price or size. Just something over 100cc. I want something somewhat small to me, i love the look of the yamaha's, i'd love a WR250F, but i can't fit one well and i can't flick it around like i would like to. SO it's out of the question. so are the KTM's unfortunatly and the kawasaki and suzuki and honda, even though i don't care for them that much.

Soooo BBR ttr125 looks in at me, do all the BBR mods and the yz85 forks and works shock and whatnot and get it all nice. Well that is what i'd really enjoy, i just feel underpowered, even with a 150 kit and all the other mods availible. I want the YZF250 motor. Or WRF250. Just not the size. Yes i know i've cut it down pretty much to nothing. The CRF's are out of the picture as well. too much weight. Okay okay so i love four strokes, but i am willing to look at the 2 strokes. I am thiking KTM 105sx? that would be fast and what not, I don't care for kawasaki's so their 100 is out of the picture

SO
TTR125 with BBR mods
WR250F lower it and hope for the best
KTM 105SX
YZ85 with bore and stroke via eric gorr? and suspension via MXtech, tag's tripples, excel rims, chain, pro taper bars wave rotors. all the good stuff
TM100 (can't find dealer, worried about parts availibility)

now, give your opinions....

oh yeah, there are limited riding area's around here, most are tracks, which i don't care for too much but i want to find more woods area's to ride and just ride woods kind of stuff all day long.

I've moved from erie to this small town in MD, Riva. I am going by what my uncle has told me about riding spots. So go on and let me know what you guys think....

WM3racer

Nov 18, 2003
okay i have come up with prices of the bikes after everything has been done to them....
BBR TTR125- 7,100
WR250F (lowered, bars, chain, sprokets)-6699
YZ85 (bored to 100, suspension, visual mods and pipe etc.)- 5700
KTM105 (new brake pads and bars) 4,400-4,600 depending on needing a new tripple clamp

Tm100 (stock) 4800 plus shipping costs

So the KTM, then the TM, Then the YZ, then the WR, then the TTR in prices. SO i am going to knock the WR and TTR out because of price and how much all of would be to be done.

So not my question has evolved, what is faster? KTM, moded YZ or the TM and should i worry about parts availibility for the TM?

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
KDX200 or KX100 moded. There arn't too many good 4 strokes in this catagory with out spending over 5G's(as I found, BTW I'm 5'7"). Are you buying new for sure? How old are you?

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
The new rm-z250 4-stroke Suzuki is three inches taller than the KX100. It has some overheating problems but there is already an oversized water pump impeller with two piece water pump/oil filter cover available to correct. It lists for $5599, but on dealer near me had one for $4999 last week. (not sure if it is still there) If you think you are going to grow anymore I wouldn't buy anything too small. My son was 5'5" when he moved from a YZ85 to a 1996 YZ125 (it seems a little smaller than the new ones), and is now 5'9" and a KX100 is way too small for him. When we first went to look at the YZ125 he was skeptical because he had try to ride my Husky 125 and it was too big for him, but Husky has one of the tallest 125s.

WM3racer

Nov 18, 2003
Yes i do expect to grow, 5 G's is no problem for me. I am a manager at a local scooter shop, i make commission on all sales and i do labor and make off of others labor. Win win situation. it's nice. I'm 16 by the way.
Yeah it is hard to find some 4 bangers, as i stated, i knocked the TTR out. I am looking at the YZF as well, a lil bit worried as for the starting procedure and if i can ride it well, i never got fast enough on my CR125. I never really steered with the rear end, or jumped doubles over 25 feet. I learned on a four banger, and i never really got comfortable on that bike. Hmmm we'll see how this works, keep the advice coming, and thanks for all replys so far...

Top Bottom