Guys, I need your help with my sons PW-80...

JAJ

Mar 14, 2000
My son and I are desperate to go riding on Sunday but we have a slight problem. My sons PW-80 isn't running right.

The bike will start, but if you hold the throttle steady at say 1/4 throttle, the bike will rev on it's own. If you let the bike run like this for a few moments the bike will just die. Even if the throttle is open...

I cleaned the air filter, same problem.
I put a new spark plug in, same problem.
I field cleaned the carb. Problem gone. Bike ran great...for about 15 minutes...problem came back.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking, possible air leak?

Much thanks!

Mr T

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Did you scrape the encrusted gunk out of the bottom of the float bowl when you cleaned the carb?

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Is the fuel strainer / filter clean?
Kink in the fuel line somewhere?

Just thinking of how 2 strokes rev to the moon when they run out of gas.
My YZ400 did that once in the middle of a big hillclimb! :scream:

Might be the carb just needs a better disassemble / cleaning.
Is it jetted correctly?

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
The slow speed carb circuit is clogged. Get yourself a can of carb cleaner from the auto parts store, one with the little plastic tube. Remove the float bowl and squirt the carb cleaner through the pilot and main jets. Also spray it through the fuel inlet where the gas hose attaches. Install a fuel filter. Maybe your gas tank has some grodeau on the bottom thats causing the problem. Good luck, Eric

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Sometimes the float bowl will have some caked on "grodeau" (I like that word) at the bottom. You clean the carb, it runs good for a little while, then another piece of grodeau breaks off and clogs the jet(s) again. Hence, my earlier inquiry. Have fun. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom