Half-Washout In Turns

ABeeOnAnXR

Sep 10, 2000
The last time I was at the track, I decided to really focus on weighting the outside peg and getting my weight on the front wheel.Now after a bit, I really felt like I was speeding up, going around the corners so very close to washing out, but never washing out. I noticed that the front tire was really flingin dirt. It's almost like having a front tire skid, but more controlled. Now, I figured there might be dirt building up in front of the front tire and that that might slow me down. Should I try to turn like this, or avoid having the front slide or skid at all?

FMX_novice

Jan 5, 2001
You may have a worn tire or one made for a different type of terrain. I notice when i let off the power on thru mud and i get back on it mud will fling up off my tire. So now i just say ohh well and power on thru. Anyways, try to use power and get a little more wheelspin which can actually improve grip if you have slick muddy tires.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…