G22inSC

Jun 6, 2003
I need some aftermarket hand guards for a 2005 KDX with a Pro Taper 7/8" bar. I was interested in the Cycra Pro Bends. Does anyone have these on their bike? I have no idea what mounts to go with. They have bar clamps, triple tree mounts and a new center reach mount. My other option is to go with Acerbis. What does everyone think?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I have Cycra Pro Bends with triple tree mounts. Expensive, but worth it.

I'm a big fan of triple tree mounts. Gives more room for levers, lowers the guards so you are less likely to catch a wrist if you go over the bars (I've had friends break a wrist that way), and won't rotate on the bars in a crash.

G22inSC

Jun 6, 2003
Which triple tree mount? If I am not mistaken, I believe they make two different triple tree mounts. That was the way I was leaning before I knew about the newer center reach mount. I just don't know much about any of the options and their website does not give any real good information. All they have are pics of the mount themselves.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
On my KTM, the fork tube pinch bolts face the sides of the bike. If your fork tube pinch bolts face forward, you would need another type of mount.

Can't remember if the Cycra mount kit came with the longer pinch bolts.

FWIW, I also had the pro-bends on my Honda CRE with aftermarket Paioli conventional forks, with e-line triple trees, with forward facing fork tube pinch bolts. The previous owner fabricated triple tree mounts from thick aluminum stock. Basically about a 5" long peice of aluminum, with holes drilled for the fork pinch bolts, then about a 45 degree bend forward, with a hole drilled for the inner mount of the Cycra.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I've had both the Acerbis & Cycra Pro Bends. I'd take the Pro Bends every time. The mounting as mentioned is based on your top triple clamp and in my experience the mounting kit has everything needed, even with a custom install like mine which was USD fork on a XR.

Top Bottom