Hand Guards

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Well i broke my break lever off again thursday for the 4th time this year and i was looking at getting Hand Guards so they wont break every time i fall. I also want to start trail riding more often and i am thinking i will need hand guards for that too.

Anyway does anyone know were i can get good hand guards for fairly cheap. The only ones i have found with the bar behind them to keep from breaking were the sacra ones but they were 120$ and big. I want smaller guards because i ride a lot of motocross too. I was hoping to find some guards for more around $80-$90.

Also i see most come in 2 sizes, 7/8th inch and 1 1/8the inch and my bike came with aftermarket protaper bars and i am not sure what size they are. I measured from top to bottom in the middle and got around 1 1/8th inches but when i measured right before the grips i got right around 7/8th inch so i am guessing i would need the 7/8? This is also for a 2003 yz250f if that matters.

Nov 25, 2009
i have never used handguards but my friend does and he still broke lever but... since i bought ASV levers i havent broken any levers

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I like the ASV idea, but the Acerbis Rally Pro's are what I use, they have the backer bar and plastic guards for roost/trees/whateveryouslaminto. I've used them for years and still have both levers and all of my fingers.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…