hand gurad ready grips

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Today I'm putting some new bars and hand guards on the bike and while putting on the grips I'm wondering does anyone make grips that are ready for hand guards so I don't have to cut the end off? It just seems like a good idea because mine look like crap after I cut them. :think:

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
I don't recall ever seeing such an animal in any of the catalogs.

Mine usually look like crap after I ride/crash the first 20 miles, so I don't bother. :laugh:

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Oh ya-- Me to.What was I thinking :laugh:

mulerider

Mar 21, 2003
Take a 3/4" OD piece of pipe and put and edge on one end. With a bench grinder or file. Make the Pipe long enough to extend beyond the grip. Put said pipe into grip on a wood surface and hit with hammer. Punches a nice clean hole that you can trim to fit and looks a lot better than just hacking up a pair of nice grips. A piece of conduit about 8 inches log works good but does stand up to the hammer for very long.

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
Galindo Designs makes a pair called the Berm buster MX grip,they have a removable plastic end piece that mounts into the bar .You can leave the plastic end piece out for fitting barkbusters so you don't have to cut the end of the grips.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Oury mountian bike grips have a hole for guards and with a little work, they fit over moto bars. They are only 9 bucks a set as well. By the way, check out mountian bike tool kits for your dirt bike. These things are crammed with tools and much lighter and smaller than anything I have seen for dirt biking. I got one that even includes two tire irons and the whole thing is smaller than a leatherman. Has all metric wrenches, screwdrivers, allen wrenches, chain breaker, even a spoke wrench. All for 20 bucks. Only thing is no spark plug wrench. So check out the mountian bike shop for items for your dirt bikeing needs.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…