troy2

Oct 23, 1999
I run Acerbis Rally Pro handguards on Tag bars on my KX250. No matter much I tighten them they will slip. I know Summers Racing makes a top clamp mount for their handguards. Will that work with my Acerbis guards? Any other companies make something similar or better?

Thanks,
Steve

PowerStroke

Dec 3, 1999
Clean the aluminum and use loctite RED not blue . GREEN works to but I not sure you can get it easily. Not Permatex it sux. Use LOCTITE RED.

Now use it on the bar and clamp surfaces and assemble. If it still moves then you have junky bar mounts. I found that the solid ones with one bolt. (I use pro tapers) work best as they are beefier. The ones with the 2 bolts and looks like a cute little main bearing cap are trash. They aren't round or strong and flex real bad. If using standard style bars you will have no problems.

My ACERBIS rally guards were useless and ended up in a dusty box with garbage like ufo plastic and ebc brake pads and devol skid plate.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
I've used and own both Cycra and SRC inner BB mounts. First, you have to have top triple clamps with the pinch bolts in front to be able to use them. SRC makes an inner clamp for either front entry pinch bolts or side entry. Cycra only offers one for side entry. The Cycra is what I'm currently running.
http://www.cycra.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.100.exe/scstore/p-1055-02.html?L+scstore+vxtc8601+1003791210

I like them over the SRC because the locating hole is further towards the outside and they don't make you hog out a bigger hole in the end of the alum guard like the SRC's do. The SRC's work great though. Both are functionally awesome.

My BB's NEVER slip, now. They simply can't. You will have to work your guards a bit to form them for a perfect fit, though. You'll have to take the plastic off the inner end of the Rally Pro's to get them to work, too.

Jimmy!

Jan 7, 2001
I've got the rally pro guards & pro-tapers on my CR using the Acerbis mounts with no trouble at all. my guards get a workout & I've never had them slip....

Top Bottom