handle bar replacement

johnny savage

Feb 13, 2007
how hard is it to replace the bars? The only concern that I have is the throttle tube. Is that difficult to reove/replace? Thanks

iamdawalru5

Apr 26, 2006
You will never have an easier time with something on a bike in your life. I use petroleum oil/vasoline for grips.

Last edited:

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
Nah it's pretty easy. The grips will give you more trouble than your throttle tube, and even they aren't hard.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
You don't need to remove the grips if you're installing new bars. The grips may be difficult to slide on dry. Use an adhesive, I use 3m Weather Strip Adhesive there are a million other things that work and I'm sure everybody is going to list them, and the slip right on with almost no effort. The weater strip adhesive will dry within a couple of minutes. Don't use grease in the throttle tube, it's too tacky. A light oil works just fine. I personally use Tri-Flo with Teflon, again just about anything will work.

johnny savage

Feb 13, 2007
cool thanks guys... can I re-use the throttle tube or should I get a new one while I'm at it?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…