Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
I bent my stock bars and need to replace them. I do not have the $$ right now to step up to tripple clamps:ugg: , So sticking with the stock 7/8" mounts I am looking at some bars, and what I do know is I am looking for a little taller and narrower bar. Here are the specs., any comments are appreciated.
Thanks

Tag X5 bars
29.8" Wide
4.2" High
2.52" Pull Back

Lew

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Love my Tag X-5's

They are good bars, IMHO better than Renthalls.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Tag X- CR Hi bend

I liked the pull back on these, but I've heard of people using the mini bend. I just cut mine down with a copper pipe cutter to 30"

mule

Nov 7, 2001
How does one go about fitting a bar to the rider? I am 5'6" on a 220r. How do I know whether to replace with same basic configuration or get one taller, or shorter, or more swept back. I understand the concept of narrower being better for woods, but the other dimensions?
Is it simply as easy as sitting comfortably on the bike and putting your hands out and trying to match a bar that will be at that same place???

mule

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Its trail and error.

theres just no way to know what exactly you like unless you try them. I suspect you will like the CR hi bends, I'm a bit shorter than you and I like them. If you like a real straight MX bend then these will not suit you.

Tomdes

Jul 24, 2001
I have been looking thru Chaparral for bars for my KDX.No manufacturers list the "KDX" style. Only "KX" style. They seem to list all others, CR,XR,YZ, etc.How do I order a shape which matches stock??? Looking at possibly pro-tapers.

Top Bottom