williamh

Jan 24, 2003
I replaced my stock steel bars (they were bent) with alum. moose bars. While i had the bars off I removed the lower bar mounts with the rubber cones to check and see if the stems were bent too.
I,ve ridden twice with the moose bars and both times it fills like I,m getting a vibration? that is causing pain/tingling in my fingers/ hands. I torqued the top clamp to spec. the manual gives no spec. for the lower rubber mounts. How tight should they be?

Thanks, Bill

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
I have messed with this kinda thing before. Maybe when you tightened the nuts on the stems, you gottem' too tight and that is causing your vibration. Most stems have a hole to locate a cotter pin so that the nut will not completely come off if you have your nuts too tight. ( no pun )
To check for a snug fit, tighten the loose nut and then check the handle bar wobble by tugging forward and back. As the rubber cones become worn the tugging is more apparent and a reason why many get twisted handle bars.
Once you are comfortable with the amount of wobble on your bar go ride and see if the vibration went away. Find the happy medium.

Top Bottom