handlebar advice

rotten

Apr 8, 2009
im looking for a new set of bars, i just bought my bike used it already has renthal fatbars on it, im quite a tall guy and they arent comfortable when standing, and they are too wide too, im not positive of the dimensions. any advice on good bars that are higher and a little narrower would be great or if there are any ways to raise up my current bars for now

thanks

rayracing88

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 24, 2009
I just put Renthal fatbars on my 2006 Suzuki RM125 and they are great!!
I cut mine down to 30" for enduro. Just yetserday I was riding on the tight trails and nailed a 2 trees doing about 20mph and they never bent!!
They are great bars just cut them down with a saw

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
They make bar risers that are added to/or replace your stock bar mounts. You can also check out Renthal's website... they have a chart of each bar's degree of sweep, rise, and width. There are also #'s on your bars denoting which bar you have so that you can compare differences. Lots of those I ride with (woods) run the YZ80 bars as they have a good amount of rise, the sweep feels like the old CR bend (popular), and they come already cut to about a 29 1/2" width.
Your least expensive route may be some bar risers and cutting down the width of your bars to about 30".

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…