yzf_phil

Jul 14, 2002
I have a new CR250 (03) and the handlebar vibration is more than I like. I use to have a 1999 CR250 inwhich I filled the bars up with expansion foam to help minimize the vibration. It did help! But I was wondering if anyone has tride the Fasst Company Anti-Vibration Bar Inserts? How does this compair to the foam filled bars. The bars are the Renthal CR HI bend. One last qustion, if the Fasst Company Anti-Vibration Bar Inserts are worth geting, who has a good deal?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
I hear from some folks that Pro Tappers are good for getting rid of the vibration. I just went from the CR High bend, to the Jimmy Button Bend, also am using Pro Grip grips. I wanted the pro tappers, but see how these will do.

Adrian591

Jul 20, 2002
I was really getting bad arm pump last summer, I ride a 97 CR250. The fasstco bar inserts totally got rid of the arm pump. I went from riding 15 minutes to riding 30 minutes in 1 day. :thumb: I have never tried the foam so I cant compare. I bought my inserts direct from fasstco, I think they were 99 bucks.

steve talley

Sponsoring Member
Oct 17, 2002
I RODE A FRIENDS KTM MXC 380 THIS WEEK END WHY WAITING ON MY RM BIG BORE KIT TO COME IN.TALK ABOUT VIBRATION I STILL CANT FEEL MY HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Pro tapers help with vibration but you still feel some, I am thinking of filling the bars with silicone.

holeshot01

Apr 22, 2001
hey,
as an avid honda rider owning 97 cr,01 cr and now an 03 cr, i must say bar inserts are a must!!! fill the handlebar with silicone, buy the faastco inserts and your cr will vibrate less than other bikes, also a flex grip helps with armpump................ :yeehaw:

99CR125OK

Sponsoring Member
Oct 3, 2000
What is the best way to fill the bars with silicone? I'm interested in trying this on my CR but wasn't sure what would be the best way to do it. Thanks!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
You have to pump it in from the bottom upwards using the hand dispenser used in DIY.Once filled, tape the end up and allow to dry for 24hours in a upright position.Then remove the tape and refit the bars.

holeshot01

Apr 22, 2001
PHIL,
I filled the bars with silicone, then added the inserts, i did it at the same time because i had problems after the silicone hardened getting the inserts in.
but they come out easily if you want to change or remove handlebars. i used small rubber tubing and attatched that to my gun, and patiently started filling from one end to the other.easy to do and makes a huge difference.

yzf_phil

Jul 14, 2002
Thanks Holeshot,
I ordered the Fasst co inserts. I was thinking of placing one of the insert in and then filling up the center with silicone up to the depth of the other insert (Might wnt to give a 0.5 gap to allow the silicone to expand?). Let it harden and then insert the other insert. Does this sound like a good plan? One more thing, what kind of silicone? the stuff for caulking?

Phil

Top Bottom