YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Happy Birthday! :aj:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
hey this is Kendall!!!!!!!!! i told u happybday at midnight but im gonna tell u again cuz i love ya like a sis!!!!

------*HAPPY*BIRTHDAY*YOU*OLD*WOMAN*!!!!!!*------

haha i aint the only old woman now!!! BURN!! haha:)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Hope you had a great day!

tigger.jpg

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Hope you had a wonderful day, young lady!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hope you had a great birthday Tigger!!!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Happy birthday sweetheart!

I've got to tell you all what a trooper she was yesterday on her birthday. Being that her old man (me), aside from working a regular job, plays music and engineers for a sound company, luck of the draw finds her birthday falls on a very busy time of season for the music business. I was hired to run production for Billy Joe Shaver on her b-day a local city's early 4th of July celebration. The money was too good to pass on this year.

I know she really didn't want me to book this show but after talking it over and her realizing the benefit from it, she volunteered to come with dad on this one. The show was in a football stadium and from the time we pulled in until load out, Tigger worked her fanny off. I'm guessing from being around it all her life I realized that she needed minimal direction but I don't recall ever showing her how to actually hook up any of the equipment. When the trailer doors swung open, she picked up a 2-wheeler and began trucking speaker cabinets to their designated spots. I thought that was cool her her to take the initiative on her special day. What really surprised me was when she began following a stage plot and running mic cables from the correct locations and connecting them in the proper channels on the stage snake. I was really impressed when she popped up and said "do I put SM57's on the guitar amps?" I thought "she's heard me mention that before so it was a lucky guess." Next question was "which mics go on the drums?" I kind of grinned to myself and said "D-1 on the snare, D-4 on the kick, D-2's on the toms." Next time I looked over it was done. Her next move was to patch in the monitor console and it was almost with no questions asked. The reason I bring this up is because I can barely find experienced people capable of doing what she just did, even when I tell them how to do it. The next time I look up I see her patching in the inserts at the front of house console, dang I'm impressed!

Like I said, I guess it's because she's grown up around this stuff her entire life, but she was an incredible help yesterday. The funny thing to me was seeing the band watch in amazement as she went to work and then stopped to visit with the band to ask if there were any special requirements they needed in their setup.

After the show and the fireworks display, it was once again time for her to shine. Granted it doesn't take a lot of brains to take the equipment down but it made it really nice for me to not to have to tell her what to do. As soon as we got the go ahead to tear down, she grabbed all the mics and DI's and put them away then started rolling mic cords. Pretty much worked her tail off to the point when I disconnected the PD unit, which cut all power to the setup, and she didn't want any part of the heavy electrical stuff. Can't blame her for that :cool:

I'm about to wake her up for another show today, 10am load in. Today we have to place 185lbs speaker cabinets on risers about 25' in the air. I won't let her near that accident waiting to happen :coocoo: Bugs Henderson is on the main stage but we get the "pleasure of engineering for the Waco Community Band orchestra. It'll be a 56 channel input and a bunch of A-Holes that make the Mayberry RFD band sound like rock stars! :ahhh:

She's a trooper for sure and I know I owe her for this birthday fr sure.

Happy birthday Tigger!!!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
That's very cool Jeff. :cool:

Sounds like she is turning into quite a young lady.

Happpy belated Birthday Tigger. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Happy Birthday Tigger.

Mully

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'm a few days late.... but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIGGER!!! :yeehaw:

Top Bottom