FlipCr125r

May 15, 2006
i was wondering how hard it would be to ride in sand ( sand dunes) without havin a paddle tire?.. and would it be any fun if i did or didnt ahve one?

thanks flip

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
going to silver lake??

on what kind of bike?

FlipCr125r

May 15, 2006
ya i was plannin on going to silver lake with my buddy but hes gonna offroad in his jeep and i was thinkin of taking my cr 125

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
paddles can be had for 40$........you can get by without , but youll wish you had one, more importantly make sure you know how to richen the main jet and needle jet , especially on a 125. FWIW i was getting a white plug last year and kept richening the main til it ran like doo doo. then i realized i was mostly 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. needless to say it was the needle.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
PS check out some of my pics gallery ;)

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Its really not hard to ride in duens without a paddle tire, but you will spin alot and might have trouble on really steep/soft duens. As the others have said paddle tires are really cheep and do make a real difference. I'd get one if possible, if not I'd run a regular knobby and have fun. Its certainly possible to run duens on regular tires, heck the dakar guys do dunes on huge dual sport bikes with regular knobbies:)

rmrider125

Jan 13, 2006
i have ridden my 125 at the dunes once without a paddle. i dont even plan to go back with a paddle cause in my opinion a 125 just doesnt have enough power for the dunes.

Top Bottom