1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
Hey guys I'm new to riding sand tracks as I used to do trail riding in new england, and it seems to be a bit tricky. The front end on the bike washes out alot and seems unstable at times... The front tire doesn't seem to be that bad either, so i was wondering if there was any advice on riding this type of sugar sand?

slinger34

May 1, 2006
Keep on the throttle and your weight transferred to the rear that will keep that front end from sinking in. Your gas is your friend. when jumping keep on the gas so the front doesnt wash out before the lip. just before you land get on the gas it will help if you get crossed up a bit.

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
Yeah these are really silky deep sand berms... So its all about keeping weight on the rear and traction to lift the front end a bit? My rear tire is about worn and doesnt hook up for crap in the sand, maybe thats why.

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
A buddy of mine used to order tires online, like only used one heat for cheap... Anyone happen to know the website? I bet that would help me out cuz i wear tires fast.

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
if you ride down here tires will last a little longer
i am running starcross sands on my 450 and they hook up great keep the tires aired a tad lower than you would in new england
you ride out at seminole mx ?

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
How much sag are you running? What is your fork height above the triple clamp? When was the last oil change on your suspension?

Wow good question about the sag height, i just bought the bike last week and im still setting it up... The forks were set really stiff when I got them. I have a feeling seals and oil will be in order very soon. It doesn't help that my tires aren't the best either i guess lol... We ride out at the old wooden jump and titty lake, the trails go all the way into sarasota from here! :cool:

MoToMaStR

Jun 7, 2008
some fun trails in ellenton off I-75 and the 301 ellenton exit (exit 68) i think it is..... follow 301-North down to old tampa road, turn right at the 7-11 and go down to the end of old tampa rd. You will see some new condos build around a lake fountian..., then make a right on ft.hammer road. it takes you to a lake where you can go fishing and chill and smoke a J in the park. behind the lake parking, within view, theres some motocross tracks back there with some wall rides and a few jumps, lotsa whoops, its all sand and soft dirt...... behind the tracks....theres some trails. they are fun cause its water logged from the brackish lake water. nov, dec, jan is the perfect time to ride, NO BUGS!! hahah. have fun fellas.

Top Bottom