Hatfield McCoy March 20 thru 23rd

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I'm planing on coming down next sat. Going to ride at Logan. Buffalo Wallow I think it's called.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Where is Hatfield McCoy??? I'm in Derry, PA. Right by Latrobe and Greensburg. Just east of Pittsburgh.

Tom L.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
I'm interested!!! Please e-mail me at TomLudolff@aol.com I ride up near Worthington sometimes. Is it near there???

Tom L.

danielst

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 20, 2002
If the weather looks good, I and a few buddies might make it down there next weekend. I would most likely head to the Bear Wallow trails as most of what I've read seems to indicate those being the most technical trails. Is that true or does anybody have better info on the best trailhead to hit for technical trails and hills?

I'm heading to Big Rock Bike Park in Maysville, KY on Monday to check that place out. Its been a loooooong winter...

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I guess it is Bear Wallow. That's the only place I've rode. There is a new trail head just south of Charleston, but I heard it was preaty easy. good for family rides.

gonzodog

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2001
Bear Wallow has some easy trails and the most technical trails but it's typically more crowded that Rockhouse or Buffalo Mtn. BW is the rockiest of the trails overall.

Rockhouse and Buffalo Mtn are fun 'cause you can ride 20 miles and then take a break in town, gas up if needed and then rewind. Buffalo Mtn has some fun uphills. All 3 areas are very scenic with great views out over the valleys.

If you go to the August 2001 issue of Off-Road.com you'll find an article there I wrote with a few pictures and more info.

Jim

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Bear Wallow is the biggest and the rockiest of the trails. There is a general store right by the trail head to get permits, and food. campground is nothing to right home about but they have a pay shower that rocks. You can get tokens and use it even if you are not camping there.

The single track there is very cool. #183 is the best, but only go from trail 16 to 82. If you go the other way there is a nasty rocky hillclimb at the start.

Trail 25 27 26 across the road were not rocky and were pretty cool.

Rockhouse is better soil (less rocks) and has some great lookouts on the top of the mountain. It is more open wider faster trails but they are good. You can ride right in to Gilbert on your bikes to eat and get gas. The single track was not open when I was there. But it is supposed to be very good.

Didnt make the others.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…