michigan

Mar 9, 2001
We going to have a group down there march 24-27th, staying at a campround called "Twin Hollow" near Browning Fork trailhead.

Are any DRN'ers planning to be down there at that time?

Has anyone ridding the Browning Fork trails before? We usually stay at the Devil Anse Campround and ride the Dingess Rum trails, but we're looking to mix it up this year.

Last edited:

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hey Gary! I might be persuaded to go down if you got room. It will be one hell of a party! Call me at 484-239-6187, Mike.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hey - I will be staying at the exact same place! Will be arriving on 3/26, last day 3/31. Most of our riding will be "family" rides with the wife and kids, but one or two other buddys may join us for a day or two for some serious riding. We will be in a white Chevy truck, towing a black enclosed trailer - staying in one of the cabins. Look us up! I am sure i will want to get out for a "adult pace" ride!

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
KTM Mike,
We'll have to meet up. We're also staying in the cabins. We've never stayed there before, but they look too nice to pass up. By the time you guys get there we should have all the good trail scouted, so we will have to hook up for an "adult" ride on saturday!
By the way, I believe we're met before at a trailhead in Wolverine. This was a couple summers ago, but I ran into you when I rode up to the trail head (from the campground) on a yz250 to see if a member of our group was there.
Anyway, we'll be in the cabins. We'll have a black 6x12 trailer with either a dodge ram or a new dakota. There will be a kx500, a 300e/xc, a yz250, and kdx220... all in offroad trim.
Hope to see you there!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
michigan said:
I'm not Gary. I'm Ray.

But your right- it WILL be one hell of a party. Always is!

CaptainObvious is better known as Gary. :)

Besure to post a nice ride report so we know what to look forward to a month later. :cool:

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Ok. This time I'll actually try to remember the numbers of the good trails, and I'll put together a nice report for you guys.

This will be our fourth East Hatfield McCoy trip, but our first time on the Rockhouse trails. However, we've heard that they're the best.

And to be honest, I'm a little bit excited to ride my KX500 through the city streets in Gilbert!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
michigan said:
And to be honest, I'm a little bit excited to ride my KX500 through the city streets in Gilbert!

I've been itching to find out what thats like too. I'm sure we will be grinning from ear to ear. Then the locals will be like, "Must be out of towners". :laugh:

trailhouse

Feb 8, 2003
Treejumper,

Out-of-towners are easy to spot in Gilbert. First, the satisfied look on your faces is a dead give away. You look like a child on Christmas morning. Of course, we are a very small town where everybody knows everybody. That helps us identify you, too!

Regardless, we welcome the riders and hope that you will return.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
michigan said:
KTM Mike,
We'll have to meet up....By the way, I believe we're met before at a trailhead in Wolverine. This was a couple summers ago, but I ran into you when I rode up to the trail head (from the campground) on a yz250 to see if a member of our group was there.

Let hook up! Find the good trail for me!

I remember when you rolled up at Wolverine. That ride was a real odd ball one! I was riding with 2Big4aKDX - we had rode one loop, as was about to head out on a second one I think, when you pulled up. most of the way through the second loop, I lost my kickstarter - so we turned around to find it, poking along real slow. After giving up, I ran out of gas! The guy i was riding with then caught back up to me...and had found the kickstarter! By then he was on fumes, barely made it to the truck for gas!

See ya in WV!

Woods_Biker

Feb 22, 2005
I wnet there last year for Trailfest and we stayed at Twin Hollow. Great campground. They also have a few cabins for those who don't want to camp. The Browing Fork Trails actually run between Gilbert and Man. It was aewsome! I may come down myself that week as I haven't been out this year. Maybe I can talk the wife into it! I'd be into riding with some new folks on bikes(Most of my friends ride quads but the bike is a LOT more fun IMHO!). Need bikes to ride with on the single track!

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Yeah, we'll be in one of the cabins at Twin Hollow. There will be a black 6x12 trailer and a dodge quad cab truck out front.
Stop by whenever- we'll be riding on Thurdsday, Friday, and Saturday. We usually go out for two long rides each day.
Whoever wants to join the group is more than welcome.

DLstriker

Feb 25, 2005
I have been there a few times. We are going back down march 5th and 6th. We havn't stayed in the cabins before but they looked nice. we usually just camp. It's a steep drive to the top of the campground, but the view is great and it's right next to the trails.

tooslo

Mar 26, 2005
We rode from twin hollow last Sunday & Monday. Great place. 100 feet from the trail. Ride down the hill to town for gas & food. Billie Ann's is the place to eat. Yes you can ride in town on the side of the road.Green trails are for families & quads. Blue & black willl give you what you want. We rode
orange #199, this was a mistake, it was past fun into the danger area. Be sure to ride 35,36,31,41,42. You can easily ride to Man for gas & food,stay at the edge of town, 7-11& Wendy's.
Maps are good & trails are marked well. Take bottled water as the cabin water is for washing only.
Have fun!!!!!!!

Rm125 man

~SPONSOR~
Nov 30, 2001
Hey guys sorry I missed this post. I ride H/M everyweekend, live about an hour away from the Rockhouse Trailhead. Weather is great today (Wed 3/31). However we've had a whole lot of rain lately....hope you all had fun.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I just got back from 6 days staying at Twin Hollows. Had a rip roarin blast! Sorry i didnt get to ride with you MIchigan, but at least we met briefly. I got in a little bit of time with two of my riding partners who were there for the first two days I was - found some of that single track - if you can get past the spots you dont dare look down, eventually I found some stuff just like good old Michigan single track with a bit of bar banging and everything!

I did quite a bit of riding with the family as well, at first my youngest son was pretty intimidated by the trails (it was his first ride on his "new" KDX coming off from a little TTR125), but he got past that and did great! I will write up more details of our ride later on this week - we just got home after 14 hours on the road...time to sleep!

Top Bottom