Have any Canadians ordered tires out of the States?

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
I'm just looking for any heads up on where i should order a couple tires for my bike before spring. Tires in Canada are a complete rip-off. Have any of you ordered out of the States where you didn't get gouged on shipping? Maybe one of you knows of a decent place to buy them in Canada? I'm out West. Thanks

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I just buy Kenda or Maxxis locally. One of my local dealers gives me great prices on tires and mounts them for free to boot. By the time you pay duty/shipping, I really doubt you'll save anything on tires.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
My local suzuki dealer let's a bunch of us guys at work do a group buy on Maxxis tires, but i want something different for my front. I'll check Rocky Mountain and Dennis Kirk.

little Loopie

Jan 8, 2005
When I ordered mine I was in the middle of buying some parts off of placelast on the board here, and he was kind enough to let me ship them to his place and he shipped them to me.

But what I've fouind is most places will use UPS to ship to canada, and they rape you for brokerage fees. So in order to avoid these fee's, I only buy from companies that will use USPS, as they and Canada post have a flat rate $5 brokerage fee deal.

http://www.onoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT This is the ONLY company I have found that will ship via USPS to Canada, they use UPS in the states, but go through USPS for Canadian orders. I can't rememer what the shipping for my tires were, but I got 2 dunlops for $150can shipped w/ some other stuff that I purchased. Which is cheaper than $121 a tire anywhere else in our town.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
Thanks man, that was exactly what i was looking for. I know what you mean with our local prices on tires, they are ridiculous. Thanks again, here comes a new michelin s12 for my front.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom