LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Happy B-Day!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You are now officially Vintage Bob. Congratulations for lasting this long. ;)

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
HBD! :cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Happy birthday Bob. :cool:

I SAID, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB! :whoa:

Some of them older fellas are a little hard of hearing. :nener:

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
Rich Rohrich said:
You are now officially Vintage Bob. Congratulations for lasting this long. ;)
well, i could make a joke about someone riding a vintage but i will stay with just HAPPY BIRTH DAY... :nod:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Thanks everyone! Having a birthday on a weekday sure has not changed in 50 years. BUT, this weekend I sure hope to bust into a new class,+50 class? Nothing could be as bad as last weekends bonding time with number one son, 2 days changing the upper and lower front end parts on a 2000 4wd Blazer. Now I know why they wanted 1000 dollars labor! My grandson, some 2 months old now, still has red hair and is trying to stand up, a lot! Number two son says the salmon are in the creeks, everyday spent fishing you live longer? Who ever said that has never been fishing with me, nothing like a near death experience to liven things up! I sure never figured to make it this long, but 80 seems old now? Thanks Again!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Fishing for steelhead is huge here. Nothing like trying to walk around on algea covered shale, especially in the spring when the water is 33 degrees.

Did you have fun with those rivets on the ball joints?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Hard to say which was more horrific for the first time? The genius put into pressing a steel bushing into a steel frame, and add 100,000 miles to it. The riveted ball joints was no big surprise, the bottom was worse though.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Ol'89r said:
Happy birthday Bob. :cool:

I SAID, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB! :whoa:

Some of them older fellas are a little hard of hearing. :nener:

Your day is coming!

Happy 50 Bob ... they only get better, that I can assure you! :cool:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Hard to say which was more horrific for the first time? The genius put into pressing a steel bushing into a steel frame, and add 100,000 miles to it. The riveted ball joints was no big surprise, the bottom was worse though.
Welcome to my world. :)

Hopefully you got a nice birthday dinner out of that!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Number 1 son wanted me to relate exactly how that front end came apart Joe, a medium size concrete hammer drill. The bushings met their match with the chisel end. But them rivets, we ground the heads off, the book said to drill them, screw that. Ryan took a 1/4" masonry bit, ground it with no pitch, center punched the rivet, and drove it right out on hammer drill. Worked awesome! If I would have had a big cutting torch, that truck would have been ashes. Later I had a 78 RM400 aluminum swingarm, with a froze bolt. That almost fell out from me staring at it! Childs play. Vintage Bob has to have a vintage bike!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
An air hammer is very handy on that job. I usually use a cut-off wheel to put an X in the rivets then knock em off with a flat chisel. They come off really easy that way and it only takes about 5 minutes to do. But that's irrevelant because they bolt in now. Torches are great if you know how to use them, very dangerous for the "fool with tools". I've seem some unbelievable hack jobs by guys with a torch.

How is the vintage bike life goin'? I haven't seen any pics lately?

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
Man and just think it was just the other day I sold you my V75 Montesa as I left for Ft Leonard Wood, now lets see you come up with a vintage bike like that one. Maybe I should tell them about my 18th Bday, you I'm sure at least remember parts of that day. LOL. My mother was very upset.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Heck yes your mom was upset. Lets see, I was 16, at a keg party?, and ralphing into the curb. Sounds about correct. Young and dumb, I wrote the book!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Heck yes your mom was upset. Lets see, I was 16, at a keg party?, and ralphing into the curb. Sounds about correct. Young and dumb, I wrote the book!
Wasn't that long ago for me. It was definately cheaper when a 12 pack would get you and 3 buddies drunk, lol.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…