Status
Not open for further replies.

Technicaldiff

Uhhh...
Jul 2, 2007
okay so the other day, i filled my yz up with gas/oil and i fouled the plug. ever since i put the new plug in, (yesterday), oil has been leaking out of the tube coming from the head and where the exhaust pipe meets the engine.

now, it's not major leakage going on, a few drops at the most. but it's never done it before i fouled the plug.

here are some pictures:

exhaustns5.jpg

it's always leaked down my exhaust pipe, but never enough to drip off and such. maybe the springs just aren't tight enough?

pipevq4.jpg

where it leaks down the pipe

tubeeu5.jpg

i'm not a bike expert since i haven't been riding forever, so don't look at me like it's something simple, just help me out.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Hey I have the same problem only worse. Mine leaks out the head on the pipe, the mid section where it connects to the silencer and out the back of the exhaust. Quite a bit of oil to clean after every ride. As i myself am no expert I don't have a sure answer.
Maybe our bikes are running too rich and where it leaks is because it has bad O rings or isn't connected good enough. My pipe does have quite a few dents so im guessing that the previous owner may have knocked it loose on a rock or something that hit it. The dent in turn is large enough to may have caused the jetting to be messed up and run to rich.. causing it to leak oil in those places.

I am not sure exactly what the case may be and will be as happy as you for someone wiser to help us out with this problem.

EDIT: I just realized I had also put in a new spark plug when I had noticed it started leaking. New Thought - the plug I put in was a NGK BR8EG. Maybe im using the wrong heat range or something and the spark is not igniting correctly at certain points letting a more than usual amount of oil to go through the engines combustion cycle and out into the pipe. ?

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2007
i use BR9EG.

And i'm mixing my gas 32:1, 4oz per gallon, etc. and this past time when i fouled the plug, i thought i mixed it too lean and blew my engine. that's why i thought it started leaking bad. but it still runs good. :S

(this is technicaldiff btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom