tclossey

Jan 1, 2002
I'm getting some pretty hard head shake on my 2001 KDX 200 when going up hard through 3rd and 4th gears. It settles back down in 5th. Any advice on how to reduce it? KDX200, FMF Gnarly (woods) pipe and silencer, flywheel weight, air box mods.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Are your fork legs raised in the triple clamps? If they are, lower them back down to stock levels. Mine are flush with the clamps, yet I still get some headshake at higher speeds. Cause for some very scary moments. :eek:
If you raise the fork tubes in the clamps you will get quicker, more precise steering, but at the cost of more head shake. The only other option is a steering damper.

Last edited:

lightsts

Jul 8, 2002
The KDX has a little steeper steering head angle compared to a KX, thats why they turn so good. The trade off is head shake. Like Kyle says flush the tubes with the triple clamp, it helps a little. Next thing is to put in heavier fork springs. Stock springs are rated for a 130lb rider. If you are average or above weight the front end will ride low giving you a even steeper head angle. Then after making a high speed pass you get off the gas, the front end dives, the head angle gets even shorter then you have a first class case of head shake. The proper springs for you weight will help. A steering damper is the cure.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom