mprest4

Nov 14, 2001
need some advice from the cheap people like myself. lost my headlight bulb on my 95 200. can i get a replacement at somewhere other than the dealer. autozone/walmart/radio shack, etc..

anyone?

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
You might be able to cross reference the bulb at a NAPA or some real autoparts store also. Just take it with you and ask. Let us know if you were successful.

Take the bulb with you to a Yamaha dealer and they should be able to cross refernce it to a 4 Wheeler bulb for MUCH less than Kawasaki. Kawasaki wanted something like $16 and the Yamaha was $3.75.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
What he said, Yamaha has a bulb that will fit. It's 5 watts dimmer than the Kaw bulb, but it works fine. It's under $4 for the Yamaha bulb and the same dealer wanted $30 for the Kaw bulb.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
True on an '00 200, don't know about a '95...but the bulb is a double filament. When one burns out, tag a piece of wire (solder it) between the solder nubbins on the bottom of the base, and you just fixed your blub! Use a strand or two from a piece of stranded wire. A honkin' piece of insulated wire isn't required...'sides, if it's too big, the bulb won't fit in the socket correctly.

Now THAT'S cheap!! (free?)

I've done that a few times with oem bulbs...particularly when I priced a replacement. If you have to have the 35W'er...yowzer! Big $$.

uoof1

Mar 25, 2002
My Yamaha IT200 has a second plug for the second filament, if one burns out just move the plug. I thought my 91 KDX did as well, not sure on the 99. Some of the discount parts places carry aftermarket bulbs as well.

Kevin *5 IT200
91 KDX200
99KDX220
01 WR426

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom