poisorr4

Apr 20, 2002
I broke the headlight frame, plastic only, on my 2000 KDX 220. The headlight itself is fine. Kawasaki dealer wants $81 for plastic only. Any suggestions on aftermarket? Anyone use either UFO or Acerbis etc. headlight assembly that's better than original but not too expensive?

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The stock head light on KDXs is solidly mounted so in the event of a bump it can't move anywhere and the mounting tabs end up snapping off. Its a good idea to order up a set of rubber mounting straps instead of the stock system. Using rubber straps will alow the number plate to be displaced in the event it gets bumped without breaking it somewhere. Acerbis and UFO both sell replacement straps for their headlights that should be easy to retrofit. You could also use KLX straps (the same headlight) and build up the diameter of the fork tubs with a couple small peices of rubber tubing.

David

Simon Fuller

May 17, 2001
If it is only the mounting brackets busted as CD mentions then what i did was drilled a couple of holes on each side and zip tied the headlight to the forks using a bit of rubber to pad it out a bit. Works great ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom