headlight housing ?

Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
i found a factory used hedlight housing and the guy doesnt know what year it is off of , it has rubber staps instead of bolting on . will this still fit my 2001 ? went to buykawasaki.com and went through the parts diagrams but could not find one that mounted with rubber straps , thanks in advance for the help . jeff

CZ511

Mar 2, 2003
Sounds like it may be the same style I got from Jeff Fredette. Sorry to say, I cannot remember the brand name. The housing was to be mounted by black stretcy style straps. I removed the straps and the holes lined up perfectly with the OEM steel brackets. Come to think of it, maybe it was a UFO headlight.

Speaking of stretching, you want to laugh... I'm sitting here with my new Tech 8 boots on, soaking wet! They were a little tight, so I filled up a huge container of hot water and stepped in. Just a little "Break in Procedure"

Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
hehe i did the same thing with my boots and then wore them around for about a week , the more you wear them the better it gets . :) i talked to jeff fredette on his headlights and they are UFO but this is a factory one and need to know if i can convert this one over to work .

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Why not use the rubber straps? At least it will move instead of breaking during the inevitable get-offs. After buying 4 of the oem shells I went to the UFO w/ rubber strap setup and haven't broken it yet.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…