cooker263

Nov 30, 2004
hey-kinda new here but i've been registered a while now. I have an '02 kdx and I let my friend take it for a spin-bad idea-he dropped it on the road and dented in my fmf pipe about 3/4 of an inch and broke the plastic headlight housing :(

so are there any aftermarket companies that make the headlight plastic? i looked on a few sites but I couldnt find one. Any idea of price or who has em?

-thanks, Landon

cooker263

Nov 30, 2004
hey thanks for the link-just to make sure that will go right on without any mods? and is it any brighter or different than stock with the 2 lights?

i live in lansing-right next to ithaca--its probably 3 or 3 1/2 hours to saratoga i think-could be wrong

lepper

Mar 8, 2005
FYI..... Your lighting coil can't handle running both light at the same time. Not a good choice unless you get your coil rewound or replaced.

cooker263

Nov 30, 2004
Yeah that came across my mind...any idea of the price of a stock replacement? its just the plastic that holds the light-the light works but the light flops all over the place. Or for the aftermarket is rewinding/replacing the coil worth the time? I havnt dealt with lights/lighting coils on a bike before.

lepper

Mar 8, 2005
I have seen some on that auction place go around $50-$60. They aren't cheap that's for sure. From a dealer I'd hate to think what they cost.

Top Bottom