Headlight replacement options....

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
OK, so I destroyed the stock headlight/shroud assembly. 3rd gear pinned, front end washout, smacking a tree in 20 degree weather....you get the idea.
So, I've been looking at replacement options. OEM Kawi stuff is close to $100, way too much. Acerbis and UFO have the "dual" headlights available for considerably less. My question is will the stock KDX stator push both lights, or will I need to wire in a switch? Seems like both units have dual 35W bulbs. There are also single 35W options (same as stock) but they are quite a bit higher than the dual setups, for whatever reason. I could always go with just a number plate, but hate to not have the light available when needed. Granted, I don't need it often, but when I DO need it I want it there. Plus, the light setups aren't that much more than just a number plate.
Ideas, recommendations? Stator info?

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
The UFO Explorer is the closest match to stock and has 35w bulb. You can't run the dual lights without getting stator rewound. You can but they are dim. The best thing about the Explorer is that its attached by 2 rubber straps. It will never break again. The straps allow it to move where the stock brackets are rigid and just break easily.

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
That's one thing I noticed about the aftermarket stuff...they attach with straps. Any recommendations on where to purchase?
BTW, Dad is loving his new punkin'....

Top Bottom