Headlight Unit On Kdx200 1992 Help

NITROHEAD

May 9, 2002
Hey,
I just bought a used KDX200 1992. It has a different rear fender on it with no tail light. It also has the shell for a headlight. There are no wires or bulb. Where do i wire it to? Does the Kdx have a voltage regulator built in on it? I need some help do i need to buy a whole new sheel with light? Let me know any help would be nice im new to the bikes.
thanks
nick

kdxjr

Jan 2, 2002
If its like mine it wwill hook up under the gas tank. Those things are not cheap around $75, I put a UFO KX front number plate on my bike. I busted my shell too..

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
your best bet is to buy an aftermarket headlight. Then if you do not have the stock regulator (under the tank on the backbone of the frame) then buy a Moose type of unit for $15 and go to town. If you dont have a regulator, you will blow bulbs very quickly.

For the rear fender, seems like someone installed a MX KX fender on there. You can hit like Dennis kirk and find a universal unit or stock replacement for that.

http://www.denniskirk.com

demographic

Jan 21, 2002
I am not sure but have heard that the UFO Ghibli light is the same as a standard KDX one so you could maybe get a new beam unit but not need to buy the plastic bit around it

foxa4

Jan 28, 2002
I can send you the wiring diagram in a word file, I think it should be the same for your bike. I just recently had to rewire my bike.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Why assume the lighting coil is still there? Might be a good idea to check on that.

WOULD be fun to watch (in a nasty-humored sort of way) a guy 'troubleshoot' his bike after installing a brand new light shell and regulator....only to find an empty spot at the end of the yellow wire under his flywheel:( .

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
The VR on a '92 should be mounted on the airbox cover which may or may not be there anymore.

(IMHO and all that) the stocker does very little good in the form of light output

I settled for the UFO Twins and Moose/Electrex high output coil

You guys posting your emails in threads ever wonder where all that SPAM comes from? :clue:

Last edited:
Top Bottom