Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Txbigguy
Does anybody else here shave thier head? I started shaving a while ago and love it. I created a site called http://headshaveforum.com its alot like this place but not as fancy. Its just a spot to talk about shaving... :thumb:

Brr, its chilly even thinking about it. At least nylon doesn't snag ... :p

Last edited:

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I've gone the full razor route on a couple of occasions where living conditions for the immediate future would be the ground in the woods with no chance of a shower for who knows how long. I've also done the super short clippers a few times but it doesn't compare to shaving. I actuallly liked it but my wife, girlfriend at the time, wasn't real fond of it. I do continue however to threaten full on shaving at the first sign of a bald spot.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Txbigguy
I have found a new fondness for hats now that I have nothing keeping my head warm..... :think:

Myself ... I told Frosty to use a #4 the last tiem she mowed my hair. It only took her about 10 minutes, including the shampoo and catching up on the gossip. :laugh:

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Hair? What's hair? If I had any; I darn sure wouldn't shave it!

And you know what? Those Bosley / Rogain / Hair Club ads where the guy with the hair gets the girl? :flame:

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Man, I want to. I have a decent sized bald spot in the back.
I cant see it in the mirror so it doesnt bother me much, but Id like to
try hacking it all down.
As it is, I get buzzed pretty close, and then go a long time w/o a hair cut.

My wife and friends all say I look lke an axe murderer when I get it buzzed.

I am sort of a large person and it sort of makes me look a bit sinister...

One day, Ill try the Steve Austin / GOldberg thing and go bald with a goatee..heh heh...no prob growing hair on my face.

HOw often do you have to shave it?

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
I shaved it 2 summers ago, and kept it that way for awhile. The cold feeling goes away after you've had it short a few times. I look at it like planning for the future in case I go bald, which it looks like I probably won't. My dad even got the guts to do it now (he's going bald anyway) and it looks great. I'll do almost anything to beat the heat. Also get to wash my hair/head at work. Then there are the women that like to feel the stubble which is a big plus :o

I've found what I like most is a great flat-top. No cheater comb, (they add height) just a good 70 yr old barber with hands steadier than mine.  I like it shaved up the sides and cut so close up top that it just about touches the tip of my scalp. These guys are amazing but hard to find. Freehand, slow and steady, cheap, (with a hot blade to the neck included). I always leave them a good tip and still cheaper than these so called stylists. about 10 bucks total. Tough to find but well worth it for me. Right now I travel 30-50 minutes just for a cut.    

Chief

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
:)

Chief

Attachments

• bald.jpg
    bald.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 100

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
I'd shave it...but mother nature seems to be taking care of that chore for me...one or two or three hairs at a time :whiner:

I've passed forehead and now have a fivehead.

I just tell folks I'm not losing my hair...it's migrating down my back. :eek:

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Yea I know what ya mean... So I just decided to speed up nature... that way no one will notice if one day I just stop shaving. :confused:

Zsolt67

Jun 10, 2002
I use the #1 setting on my clippers, I actually love it. Saves alot on hair cuts, and luckily it is in style. Nobody seems to notice. :thumb:

Last edited:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Chief
:)

Chief

Hey I've seen that guy on Jerry Springer. :) Isn't he one of the Security guys?? :laugh:

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
One word for you guys> Flowbee! Haven't used anything else for 4 years now. I keep mine short, I've had it down to 3/16" but my wife don't want to hear about the bullethead look. Maybe one day she'll let me. ;)

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
So long as they aren't busted open, the girls *love* them! :confused:

And from what I've see, girls love shaved heads too (just trying to keep it on topic :confused: )

Top Bottom