Heaven done called another blues stringer back home

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The Home of the Blues is moving upstairs. Clifford Antone passed away just a little while ago. :(
R.I.P. Clifford and tell Stevie we still miss him. :( :(

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dang ... Texas is hurtin' ... two in one day.

RIP Clifford :(

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
Patman said:
The Home of the Blues is moving upstairs. Clifford Antone passed away just a little while ago. :(
R.I.P. Clifford and tell Stevie we still miss him. :( :(

Saw it last night on the news... The guy is a local legend around here and has helped many famous people start off and one most famous SRV would have never been if it werent for Cliff. I was shocked to see that he passed away but I'm curious to know how. I know that he wasnt the most strait edged guy and was in to all sorts of affairs and they have not said anything about how he died.

they had a big venue at Antones last night. "His night club"

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Suspected heart attack. Clifford did have his problems and might have made some bad choices but he did so much more that most people look past those things. He gave the old blues players a venue to play often paying them more than the take at the door because they needed it. He recently helped arrange an apartment and nursing care for Pinetop Perkins, the Thunderbirds were the house band for many years before making it big, there's just so much stuff that he was instrumental in helping happen it will be a big hole for a long time.

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
Im not saying that he was a bad guy at all because he wasnt, I was just saying that I'm curious how he actually died. Your talking about the guy that pretty much built 6th street and the austin Blues culture just because he liked the music and wanted to help out his friends. The man will be greatly missed.

Didnt make it but suposedly Antones was rock'n last night!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom