engybenjy

Mar 12, 2010
Hello Girls an Boys. Spent an few hours lurking round last night ;) Plenty of good info on here, looks good.
I passed my DAS about a year ago and have been belting about on a '88 Yam XJ600 ;) but wanted something a little lighter for round town...........So Ive just aquired a Kwak KDX200 of slightly unknown age......
Its registered as Manuf. '96 but on a N reg, thats
N 01 August 1995 31 July 1996.

The bike is water-cooled but uses Pre-mix fuel, arent the later ones oil injection???
Is there anyway of "decoding" the VIN as you can with BMW's???

Cheers, Ben

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc.

I am going to move this thread to the Canadian Daves JustKDX forum so it will get more views by folks that have likely forgotten more than many of us know about the KDX.

Check out the Every KDX Rider Should Read This! thread in Canadian Daves JustKDX forum. It will lead you to piles of information on the KDX. Our own FredT, dirtbiker extrodinair has authored a compendium of information relating to the venerable KDX. Be sure and check it out!

Grab a spot on the couch, crank up a new post in the New Member? Welcome! Go here first. forum and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

engybenjy

Mar 12, 2010
Julien_d, Thanks for that link but its for US bikes only, You got a link for UK/Euro bikes???
Had a look today and my KDX doesnt have a 'normal' VIN :think: It says 'KDX200H - XXXXXX' The X's are 6 numbers.....
Any help with this would be appreciated :)
Cheers, Ben

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
Congrats on buying the KDX. The main thing is that you know what model it is 'H', which is the latest generation. Oil injection? not in the US or Australia or New Zealand. I think some of the early Japanese ones were oil injection/autolube.
For the KDX timeline check this out
http://www.dirtrider.net/justkdx/newtime.html
I see you have bought the KDX for round town riding, do you intend to ride it on the dirt/trails?

engybenjy

Mar 12, 2010
Its a UK bike, or at least a Europian one!! So far Ive run it on premix at 40:1 and Ive not found a separate oil tank so Im not sure, which is why I was asking :nod:
I'll probably get shot down for this but... Id like to put motard size rims and tyres on since it will be a road bike but before I do that I'll take it up a friends field and fall off a couple of times :laugh:

I didnt realise exactly what I was buying, it seems to have a devoted following!! I bought the bike for transport but its definately bitten me :ride:
Its got front/rear lights but no brake lights :yikes: So ive got some banjo bolt switches to go on and a new rear light setup. Sits about 10/20mm too high for me for road use so that'll have to be looked at.

Been out on it today and I'm getting to grips with the 2stroke madness a bit better. First ride out the cow nearly threw me on a roundabout!!!

Anywho, Any help or advice gratefully received!
Cheers, Ben

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
engybenjy said:
Its a UK bike, or at least a Europian one!!
Yup figured that what with Torquay in South Devon being in the UK. Just letting you know the places that don't have oil injection and to be honest I am fairly sure UK and Europe don't have oil injection on that model either.

Regarding the round about, the problem is probably that the bike is more suited to riding over the roundabout than round it ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom