mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
Any of you guys use one? Who makes it? Work well? I was thinking of getting one, but wonder if those nasty trail rides may be too shaky......

NGE

Uhhh...
Sep 6, 2003
I have one and use it to film with a small digital camera.... it works great... I have the Bullet Cam...

www.bulletcam.com

I use the high res color one, with a pretty nice camera (but I am doing it professionally)... the picture quality is pretty darn good and not too shakey at all.... if you think about it, you keep your head pretty solid even in the shakiest conditions, you move the body, and mostly leave the head where it's at (hence you hopefully don't get whiplash from riding)...

DON'T mount them on top the helmet as shown... it WILL get ripped off by branch or something.... mount it on the jawblade of your helmet

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
helmet cams

I've used a helmet mounted cam but prefer mounting it on the shoulder of my chest protector --I get a much more stable picture [my shoulders don't move around as much as my head does - I guess] What's most impressive though is the "IMAX" effect from that position. As the bike leans, the shoulders lean with it - whereas the head remains mostly vertical. On a big screen your viewers will find themselves leaning along with you !! The main disadvantage of that position is that some footage is wasted as you can't always tell what direction your shoulders are pointing [up or down] I use an extreme wide angle lens so almost anything in front or even beside you is included in the picture. This, again enhances that IMAX effect. A video I took riding up and down the Lion's Back [Moab] and then riding across a couple of arches is downright frightening.

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
helmet cams II

Now, can anyone tell me how to get all of my videos from the 8mm tapes into digital format so I can watch them. My old recorder has died

Top Bottom